I hate not being able to use free concert tickets...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Oct 14, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

I attended the Pyramid City Sweep on Saturday, a local contestant search to be on the new Donny Osmand hosted Pyramid show.
    I wouldn't have the guts to actually try out, since I'm not a crowd talking in front of, person. However, I did answer the Trivia question about a local radio station. The Emcee was from there, and giving out various station prizes like T-Shirts and a Scam CD. I was hoping for those, but to my surprise I manage to win Concert tickets for their 'Retro Rock' concert.
    Unfortunatly, I didn't know the date, and it was a bit late notice to make any plans. We're in Wyckoff, the concert is in Whiteplains New york. Not exactly a quick little trip, heh.
    Sigh.... the one time I do something nice for my parents, sicne I know they go to the occasional concert, and they can't go to this thing [​IMG]. Now free concert tickets are gonna go to waste [​IMG].

2. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    White Plains is only across the Tappen Zee bridge... not that far from Wycoff. I've gone to a couple Herp. shows there. I might know somebody who might be interested, what station was this? I guess I could find out who and when the event is...

Jay

3. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Hmm, maby that's their way of saying, 'We can't go to this thing...'.

Oh well, here's the details. It's a concert put on by WPLJ. The bands are The Knack, The Romantics, Colin Hay of Men At Work, and Tommy Tutone. As I said, it was too late of notice, because the concert is tonight, with a showtime at 8PM.

Seems you have to get there at 6:30PM to check in.

4. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Oh, in that case, yeah, too late, no way I'd be able to ask him (a musician friend of mine that lives up in Orange county that could of seen those bands in their heyday) before 6:30pm tonight anyway...

Jay