I hate not being able to help a lady in distress.. :)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Aug 27, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Well, not really distress, but saying, "Help a lady in need of help" sounded a bit redundant [​IMG].
    Anyway, I was taking an earlier than normal 12 mile bike ride, and I pass up a cute looking lady on the right side. I go to the next street, realize it's a dead end, and turn around. About to pass by the lady when she asks if I have 50 cents. I hate looking at cute ladies dead on, beacuse if I don't say something soon, I find myself staring directly into the others eyes as if in a trance [​IMG]. Thankfully, I think that I was able to avoid it this time, but sadly had to tell her I couldn't help out, and went on my merry way.
    Heh, as I got home, I looked in the mirror, and realized that my front hair was standing out on end like it was spiked, thanks to the danged wind. Hopefully that didn't make me look too unkempt, or weird for that matter [​IMG].

2. AllanN

AllanN Supporting Actor

Neil, I think you are worrying way to much. The absolute worst think that could have happened is that you would be out 50 cents. But had you stopped and talked you might have met a really wonderful person. My advice is just try and relax and see what happens. Most likely even if its not a good outcome you will feel better than if you didn't do anting at at all. If for some reason she though you where "weird" because you hair was messed up while riding in the wind, that is her problem not yours.

3. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    Not necessarily with ladies, but I always feel bad when I pass someone with a flat tire and dont stop. I can change a tire over to the spare in about 10 minutes, but I'm usually not dressed appropriatly or dont have time. Of course these days, anyones got to be careful about pulling over to help a stranger. [​IMG]

4. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

OK, so did you not help her because you were afraid to talk to her, or did you not help because you really didn't have 50 cents? Hopefully, the latter.

5. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    I carry bills when cycling, change tends to jingle around too much...
    Helmet hair rules [​IMG]
    I think I am more talkative on my bike than off, dunno, I'm always waving at other cyclists and usually if I pass another cyclist, I'll slow down to chat a bit, perhaps comment on his/her rig and stuff, etc. However, I suck at making small talk with people, not just women. Dunno, maybe my life is too revolved around biking but I have never liked the idea of small talk just for the point of making talk. Makes it harder to meet people but hey, that's how I am, so be it.
    Jay

6. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

7. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

>OK, so did you not help her because you were afraid to talk to her, or did you not help because you really didn't have 50 cents? Hopefully, the latter.
    >>
    The Latter. Some are taking this thread way too seriously [​IMG]. I just got sidetracked in the thread on how I react around the cuter ladies, wich I thought others might find humorous. Hence the smileys, heh.