What's new

I Hate Non-Anamorphic!! (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Where can I buy an RP91 brand new? I still don't know why Panasonic discontinued this player. I've heard nothing but great things about it.

greg_t

Screenwriter
I think Panasonic dropped their higher end line (RP91, RP82,etc.) in favor of producing lost cost players to compete with the cheap import players and are trying to go after that market of folks who don't yet have a dvd player. I think most, if not all of their consumer dvd players, now use their all in one deinterlacing/Mpeg decoder chip.

You should be able to still find some new ones out there. Unlike the RP82, the 91 was in production for a few years and isn't really scarce. I've got two of them myself.

Jonathan Dagmar

Supporting Actor
Can anyone list some anamorphic titles that appear to be upscaled non anamorphic transfers?

Even on why 27 inch tv (with squeeze mode) I notice a MAJOR difference between anamorphic and non anamorphic titles, and have difficulty watching the latter. (Although Office Space look ok)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks