What's new

I hate my job (1 Viewer)

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Cam, I work in a (uh um) lube center unfortunately,well it's not that bad but I know I can do much better.
Peter, you make alot of good points, I think I'm gonna stick it out for awhile & try to one day set down & talk to my boss & let him know what really goes on when he is not around.The one good thing about talking to him is he is the owner it's a privet business not some chain deal so maybe it will work out better than what I think. I know he would hear me out for it it's just that I don't like to be the one that runs around crying about things that I don't think are fair,& being that I'm working with friends it makes it difficult to do. The friend thing is kinda screwed up to deal with cause at work I cant stand them,but if were just out somewhere hanging out it completely different.
I really think alot of it has to do with the fact that none of us really wont to be there most of the time we work 10 hour days 4 to 5 days a week & our days are straight through we don't get to go take a lunch or anything like that,or I should say we get a lunch but if we have a car or car's to do your eating cold food after your done.One of the biggest things that I think sets the mood around work is that we don't make very good money there,& all of us could do much better than what we do,I mean any of us can do anything on a car in fact I don't think there is anything we haven't done.Myself I have grown up with Street Rods all my life & have rebuilt 3 cars from ground up & I couldn't even begin to tell you how many cars I've painted so I know I can do more.
Well I quess I'm rambling so I'll quit for now but thanks for the help it's made me think about alot of things.;)

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
If working on cars is your thing (I know I enjoy it, in some sick, twisted way), why not try to get a job at a (reputable) dealership? You could go in at an apprentice level, and work your way up to full certification. the top shop guys make pretty good money here (upwards of $25-30/hr), so I hear.

Or maybe Lingenfelter. Isn't he near you? THAT would be fun.

Todd

Jenna

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeanette Howard
Joe, you are not alone. I utterly despise my current job. Well, it's not so much the job as my co-workers. I'm an RN, and there's a saying that "nurses eat their young"...and it's so very true. They complain and gripe about the lack of staffing, then they're quick to bitch and moan about the new nurses brought in to help them. The "nursing shortage" you keep hearing about has been brought upon by the nurses themselves. Many nurses nowadays quit to go into less-stressful jobs, mainly because of their co-workers.

I'm currently putting in for a transfer to another unit because I do get nauseated before each shift just knowing I have to face another horrible day again. I suggest you polish up your resume and hit the want ads. There's NO use wasting precious hours of your life doing something you despise.

James Slade

Second Unit
I'll take your job. I spent 6 years in university, graduated worked in high-tech for 13 months. Then got laid-off due to the down turn in demand. I have been out of work of eight months. I didn't like my job that much either, but I would love to have it back.

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Todd, yes I love to work on cars & I have tried what you said several times,but I always get the are you ASE certified crap,what kind of experience do you really have?

The thing that pisses me off is that I would love to get certified (I could probably do it with my eyes shut)& work for a dealer or something like that,but I always get the same lines no one around here will give you the chance to prove yourself.I acutely got into a fight with a possible employer over this,he kept asking me bullshit questions & I finally asked him,I said what would you rather have working for you someone that has the experience & knows there way around a car that can be certified given the chance to do so or some young collage kid that the only experience they probably have is just from collage? (He didn't like that one to well) I'm not trying to put anyone down so please don't take that wrong.

I think most employers in my town are just to damn snotty they wont you to be some spoiled rich kid before they will even look at you,they don't care if you'll work your fingers to the bone or what you really do know,If you don't have a dollar sign tattoo on your forehead & drive a brand new car that your mom & dad bought you they don't wont you.

I know that may not sound right but that is pretty much how it goes around my town.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks