I hate mosquito's

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Bob Graz, Jul 21, 2003.

1. Bob Graz

Bob Graz Supporting Actor

Damn, I hate mosquito's. I'm sitting here enjoying the HTF and I just got bit. I hate them outside, but when they sneak inside the house and attack, I really get frustrated. I think they sneak in on our dog. My kingdom for something that would eliminate mosquito's from the world....... Thank you, I needed that.....

2. Grant B

Grant B Producer

We don't have them in San Francisco; yellow jackets about the only flying critter round here.
    Guess they dont care for the fog

3. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Chiggers are even worse than mosquitos! One little chigger can bite multiple times. My fiance stopped counting all of her chigger bites when she got to 70!!! [​IMG] She got them within a 15 minute timespan when we went fishing. (Fishing isn't good when the heat index is 115F!) I only have about 10 bites. My poor little Amy! [​IMG]

4. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

I saw the worst case of mosquitoes last week I have ever seen. Two friends and I hiked in the Skoki region of Banff National Park and although the first 3 nights were tolerable the last night was nothing but a black cloud. For the first time in my life, fishing at a sub-alpine lake (7300 feet - I honestly didn't think the monsters would be so bad at this elevation), I had to call it a early evening of fishing for they were attacking in droves. The worst part is I was wearing 95% deet. Sure, I may not have been bit as much as I could have been but having 10 000 mosquitoes buzzing around your head is no fun at all.

And hey, the fish weren't biting so what the heck.

5. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

I hate them too. Don't you really hate it when one sneaks up your nose. That makes me so mad.

6. Rich Romero

Rich Romero Supporting Actor

When I was on vacation in Indiana, my dad lives in the woods, so I got bit to all hell just sitting at the computer. It was horrible! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Nathan*W

Nathan*W Screenwriter

Nathan
  8. Gregg Shiu

Gregg Shiu Second Unit

Nathan, THANK YOU SO MUCH! This is just what I've been looking for. Over here, so many Virginians are paranoid over the West Nile Virus and such. We just found 2 dead birds in our back yard, and I must admit, I ain't goin nowhere (without a good splash of mosquito repellent anyway). Hopefully I'll get some peace of mind with this Mosquito Magnet, unless somebody has any better suggestions.

9. Mitch Stevens

Mitch Stevens Supporting Actor

10. Michael Warner

Michael Warner Supporting Actor

The whole West Nile thing certainly does nothing to improve the mosquito PR. My area was hard hit last year with many close friends coming down with the disease. It was so heavy in my neighborhood that I'm just assuming I had it at some point last year so I'm just going about my normal outdoors business this year and not worrying about it. Like there weren't enough reasons already to hate the little buggers.

11. Nathan*W

Nathan*W Screenwriter

Nathan

12. Mitch Stevens

Mitch Stevens Supporting Actor

Gross! I just looked at the link you posted. They look scary. I wonder if I've ever been bitten by them. They're very small, so I'm sure I can't see them.

13. Anders Englund

Anders Englund Second Unit