I hate it when people ask me for directions...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Aug 23, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Was walking the dog a few minutes ago, and some guy with a heavy accent slows down to ask if I knew where something was. Since I was looking down at the time, I had to ask him again, and this time it sounded like "Paz's Pedal Palace" So, I figured it was some type of bike Pro shop. Couldn't think of any near here, so I had to tell him sorry, I didn't know...

Luckilly for him, some guy on a bike was passing on his left, and the driver asked that guy the same question. Hopefully the other guy helped them out better than I did.

Not only do I look completly clueless, but I'm also the worst person to ask. I drive by site/landmark, not by street sign, so I couldn't tell the person how to get there anyway because I don't know the street name.

Am I the only one like this?

2. Paul D Young

Paul D Young Second Unit

I like it if I am able to help the person and I don't like it if I can't. I guess it depends. Usually I think the worst though when approached by crazies and I am relieved to find out that they are more lost than I am.

3. Michael_Shisler

I get alot of people coming in and asking for directions where I work. I don't mind giving people directions as long as I know how to get the place they are looking for. If I don't, I usually have them ask my boss or some one else who may be around.

4. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

5. Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover Screenwriter

I always felt sorry for people who asked my dad for directions. He grew up on a farm and always used compass points like "turn north on Baker" instead of saying "hang a left on Baker" in addition to an annoying tendency to get sidetracked into anecdotes about landmarks and locations, such as "There used to be a grain silo near that corner on Baker. It got struck by lightning in 1956, and ever since then..." and on and on.

6. Michael Ballack

Michael Ballack Second Unit

I am one of those people that couldn't give you directions either. I know how to get to certain places in my car, but couldn't tell you what streets I took to get there. I guess it's because I just started driving. I have to start paying attention to street signs. [​IMG]

7. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

I seem to remember Talking Heads not knowing where they were going, or where they had been. That was the 80's for you...

I like the line some on the board quote "Wherever you go, there you are", apparently said by Buckaroo Bonzai

I just try to remember that moss grows on the north side of the trees, but maybe its backwards in Australia?