What's new

I hate it when people ask me for directions... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Was walking the dog a few minutes ago, and some guy with a heavy accent slows down to ask if I knew where something was. Since I was looking down at the time, I had to ask him again, and this time it sounded like "Paz's Pedal Palace" So, I figured it was some type of bike Pro shop. Couldn't think of any near here, so I had to tell him sorry, I didn't know...

Luckilly for him, some guy on a bike was passing on his left, and the driver asked that guy the same question. Hopefully the other guy helped them out better than I did.

Not only do I look completly clueless, but I'm also the worst person to ask. I drive by site/landmark, not by street sign, so I couldn't tell the person how to get there anyway because I don't know the street name.

Am I the only one like this?

Paul D Young

Second Unit
I like it if I am able to help the person and I don't like it if I can't. I guess it depends. Usually I think the worst though when approached by crazies and I am relieved to find out that they are more lost than I am.

Real Name
Michael Shisler
I get alot of people coming in and asking for directions where I work. I don't mind giving people directions as long as I know how to get the place they are looking for. If I don't, I usually have them ask my boss or some one else who may be around.

KyleS

Screenwriter
Am I the only one like this?
Heck no! ;)
I know my way around where I live like the back of my hand but I couldnt tell others how to get to some of the smaller sreets. I could drive them there without a problem but ask me to give them the name of streets to get there and they are screwed.
KyleS

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I always felt sorry for people who asked my dad for directions. He grew up on a farm and always used compass points like "turn north on Baker" instead of saying "hang a left on Baker" in addition to an annoying tendency to get sidetracked into anecdotes about landmarks and locations, such as "There used to be a grain silo near that corner on Baker. It got struck by lightning in 1956, and ever since then..." and on and on.

Michael Ballack

Second Unit
I am one of those people that couldn't give you directions either. I know how to get to certain places in my car, but couldn't tell you what streets I took to get there. I guess it's because I just started driving. I have to start paying attention to street signs. ;)

John Watson

Screenwriter
I seem to remember Talking Heads not knowing where they were going, or where they had been. That was the 80's for you...

I like the line some on the board quote "Wherever you go, there you are", apparently said by Buckaroo Bonzai

I just try to remember that moss grows on the north side of the trees, but maybe its backwards in Australia?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks