What's new

I hate giving away stuffed animals :) (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Especially free ones, but this one is going to a good cause :).
For anyone who's been down to the Jersey Shore, or any amusement park for that matter, you know they have tons of side games like wheels, squirt the clown balloon poppers, or dart throwing balloon games. Well, we went to our boardwalk about a week ago to see what was new, and stopped to play one of the Dart Games.
My sister and cousin won one toy, but I guess they had to get rid of some of their older inventory by the end of the year, because the guy was nice enough to give us a few other smaller ones as well. I managed to get the SpongeBob.
When I was a kid, I used to get attached to the ones I did get, and apparently that has carried over into adult hood, unfortunatly, but this one is going to a kid who will enjoy it more, so it's not as bad this time :).
Anyone else used to get attached to the stuffed animals, and save them from the garage sales/garbage disposals? :)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Hell yeah, I'm 16 and not ashamed to admit that I feel more comfortable going to sleep while snuggling one of my numerous stuffed animals. I still have the tattered remains of my baby blanket, which now function primarily as a good luck charm during Ravens' games.

Okay, well maybe a little ashamed:b

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I have a few that I've had since I was a child.
A rabbit that I've had since I was three.
A turtle since I was five or six.
A "Beeple"(don't ask) since I was 21:)
Brent L
34 by the way

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I've always regretted not keeping some of the stuffed animal toys from my youth. :frowning:
I do have a small teddy bear collection now, though, as well as some other miscellaneous toys, all of which are proudly on disply in my apartment. :)

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
I still have all of the stuffed animals I had as a kid.

Most are in plastic bags in the attic, mind you, but I still have them...

My wife might object if I began cuddling with one at night instead of her. And the dog would probably become jealous and chew the stuffed critter up. So, in the attic they sit. I have no idea why I keep them; I just can't stand the thought of getting rid of them. Especially Sammy the Seal. He was my favorite.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Sometime I'll have to tell you the tragic story of how Cody the Seal got left behind in California.:frowning:

KyleS

Screenwriter
First I am actually embarrassed to reply to this thread but hey I am hidden behind a screen so what the hell. ;)
Yep have a lot of the stuffed animals from my childhood too but that is due to my grandmother. She keeps EVERYTHING (can you say packrat) :) but it does bring back good memories when I go over and see them in her spare bedroom. Now how she got them from my parents I will never know but its good to know that my children may someday be able to enjoy the same toys I had as a child. (certainly not the Atari and Pong games though)
KyleS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks