I hate friggin' pop-up windows!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Keith Paynter, Nov 21, 2001.

1. Keith Paynter

Keith Paynter Screenwriter

I have a cable modem, which frustrates me when pop-ups come on when I'm running other applications, or when somebody's wbsitehas pop-ups that daisy chain (as you close it, it automatically pulls up another.

How the f--- do you stop this madness?!#&$!!

2. Steve_Ch

Steve_Ch Supporting Actor

3. Eric Kahn

Eric Kahn Guest

If you are not using the internet, unplug the power supply to the cable modem router box or unplug the lan cable, you should do that anyways if you leave your computer on 24/7 when you are not using it to eliminate any chance of a hacker breaking in while it is sitting

4. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer

Carl III
    I'm using a cable modem too and I recently installed two free programs which have cut back on pop ups and have secured the system a bit. The first is call ad-aware, and that one searches thru all of files on your computer (some of which are well hidden)and gives you the option of deleting advertisements and programs that keep track of your surfing habits and forward that info to outside sources. The other is a firewall and that prevents any information or files from getting into or out of the computer without your permission.

5. Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari Screenwriter