What's new

I hate exchange Disc Programs....A Rant.. (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
It's now been about a year since I called in for my Back to the Future Disc replacement program. I received my mailer envelope, and now I am out two discs. Never got a return package.

It's been three months since I called for My Superman Ultimate Collection disc replacements. Nothing. Not even an envelope.

In this day and age of the internet, these disc replacement programs have to be sped up somehow. Why not partner with amazon, credit the shipping to our account, and send it out ASAP? That's the nicest way to get it done since ALOT of people have an account over there.

3 Months or Never is a rediculous amount of waiting time in this day and age...especially when you eventually forget that you sent the disc out in the first place. The ONLY replacement disc I ever received was Thundercats, from Warner. That was relativley painless....but the rest, ugh..

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
I didn't even send in my Superman discs after I got the envelope because I feared not getting any discs back :frowning:

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil

Well, I was going to buy the corrected versions...but BTTF Trilogy aired on Cinemax and I managed to get that taped via box hooked up to TV Tuner, so that'll hold me over till official HD Discs are released. Hopefully they won't screw up on those.

But if any company heads are reading this, surley there's a way to speed up these replacement disk programs, ney?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I've only had one disc exchange situation, and considering how much could have gone wrong with that, it's too bad the big American studios can't seem to get their heads together.

Mine was the original release of Within Temptation's Silent Force Tour. Everyone who got that one, raise your hand. Since it is not marketed in the US, I figured I was screwed when I realized the surround was screwed up. But, the band's (who are in The Netherlands) web site had instructions on what to do. I registered with the distributor, in Germany, and once the corrected disc was available, I received instructions and a shipping label. OK, I had to pay the $1.78 to mail the lone disc to Germany, but I had a replacement in under 2 weeks. Considering that included transit time to Germany and back, plus someone actually send it, I was impressed. Like I said, this DVD set (3 discs) is not even distributed in the US.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I participated in both the Back To The Future and Superman disc exchanges without problems.

One thing I wondered as I was waiting on hold all that time is why they don't set up a page on their website for that. Allow customers to call if they prefer to talk to a person, but I'd certainly prefer to fill out the information online - no need to worry about my address being misspelled or anything like that, it's faster, and they could set it up to send you an email confirmation that they received your request so you had something you could reference in the event of a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks