What's new

I had a base epiphany this weekend (1 Viewer)

BenCosta

Agent
James Taylor live at the Beacon Theater is excellent, especially considering its age. Well done recording, both audio and video...DD only IIRC.

Peace,

Ben

Jeffrey R

Stunt Coordinator
While the James Taylor Beacon DVD is great, I must say the best sounding concert DVD I own is Eric Clapton One More Car One More Rider. It's a concert from the Staples Center in LA.

They must have had real high quality equipment there, since there is an excellent anamorphic widescreen picture, and the sound is just fantastic (including outstanding, tight bass through the SVS). Every bass lick and kick of the bass drum is tuneful and tight. Vocals are loud and clear and all of the different instruments come through nicely. Highly recommended.

GregBe

Second Unit
I think the one mentioned the most is the Eagles Hell Freezes Over (rightfully so, it sounds awesome. Bass is amazing). My other favorites are Diana Krall/Paris, James Taylor/Beacon, and Norah Jones/New Orleans

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
JT also has another one named "Pull Over". After watching the credits, I then realized it was the show I saw him in Chicago (actually Rosemont Theater near O'Hare airport).

The Concert for George also has great sound. And the Alison Krauss Live dvd.

Matt G.

Agent
AIC Unplugged is pretty good.

Eagles Hell Freezes Over (DTS) is the best I have heard.

RUSH in Rio was VERY disappointing - I am a huge RUSH fan and thought the crown noise was unacceptable and the guitar almost non-existent.

Iron Maiden - Rock in Rio (DTS) is not bad. The quick-moving video is distracting and sometimes the guitars cut in and out, but overall a good DVD.

Led Zeppelin (DTS) - My favorite!

I just ordered Roger Waters - Live in the Flesh...looking forward to hearing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks