What's new

I guess the THX site let the Denon 5803 cat out of the bag. (1 Viewer)

PatrickM

Screenwriter
If you go over to the THX website and look under the Home THX Product Database and search under Denon, Receiver and Ultra you'll find a little note about the AVR-5803 which states:

Manufacturer: Denon

Category: Receiver

Model: AVR-5803

Region: USA

Special Notes: Ultra2, THX Surround EX, Dolby Digital, DTS, 7 amp channels

Type: Ultra

So I guess it is coming at least according to THX. Now only if they would announce the 5800 upgrade.

Patrick

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
And let me guess, the way that Denon's pricing has gone lately...
$5803 for the AVR-5803... :frowning:

JaleelK

Second Unit
d let me guess, the way that Denon's pricing has gone lately...
I doubt that, there simply isn't a market for 5K plus receiver(maybe for those who believe the more expensive means better sound), just ask MacIntosh, their receiver that had a suggest retail price of 5k never hit the market, look at Marantz they had one out for $4,500 and it got killed by Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo etc. I think 3K is about the maximun you shoud spend on a receiver, anything beyond that you will have hit the point of diminishing returns with receivers.

Marty Neudel

Stunt Coordinator
>just ask MacIntosh, their receiver that had a suggest retail price of 5k never hit the market<

Jaleel,

I did just that. Today, I spoke to Chuck in tech support there. He verified that the unit is finally shipping. Their problem was making a "McIntosh" to come in at that price point. Jamie, in sales, told me earlier that they're sold out through the first quarter of '02. My dealer says that, according to McIntosh, I should be checking mine out by the start of January. I'll let you know how it performs (and if I'll keep it) after it arrives.

Marty

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks