What's new

I guess Dish Network won't be replacing my receivers after all!!! (1 Viewer)

David A. Frattaroli

Stunt Coordinator
A few weeks ago, someone posted about the red banding problems they had with their Dish recievers and included a phone number. I called the number and was quickly given RMA numbers for the exchange of all 3 of my receivers. I had them since March 1998 so obvioulsy, they were all made before Dec. 1999.
That was four weeks ago and I still hadn't received my new receivers. So, I called back today to find out that the RMAs had been setup incorrectly and that they'd have to be redone. Fine.
While I'm on the phone with the rep. he even tells me the shipping fee is going to be waved because I had waited for 4 weeks due to their error. Great! I say.
Then, He puts me on hold to ask a manager if there is a problem with the fact that I'm out of warranty. Funny, the first rep never even asked. He comes back on the phone to tell me they are going to have to charge me $69 per receiver because I'm out of warranty! I told him I was interested in paying $210 to replace defective equipment.
I'm so pissed. Maybe if Dish had contacted their customers about the Red Banding problem I wouldn't have waited so long to call them in the first place. Needless to say I'm going to write them about it and start looking into DirectTV. I've been a customer for 3 years and that seems to mean nothing to them. I don't have a contract binding me at this point so I'm almost willing to eat the cost of my equipment over it on principle alone.
Just thought I'd vent.
------------------

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Dang, I wish I had read these threads on the red banding when they first appeared. I have had the same problem and have gone through a lot of trouble trying to troubleshoot the problem. Needless to say I found that it is the receiver and not anything else.
I called dish and since my unit is out of warranty they would not cover the problem (I didnt get mad because I thought my unit had a 'unique' problem). They offered me a new unit for around $75 (I think) or they said that I could pay $2 per month and everything will be under warranty again and they will ship me a new unit. I have to pay the $2 per month for one year and I still have to pay for shipping, but it beats the original price they offered me. If worse comes to worse try this option.
------------------
See my home theater at www.hometheaterforum.com/bbs/equipment/28585.html
Kyle Richardson

Robert G

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys, keep calling until you talk to the right person. My receiver was way out of warranty as well and I had no trouble and also paid no shipping. They tried to pull the same crap with me. I told them that there answer was unacceptable because they made no effort to try and let people know of the problem. I kept talking to someone different until finally someone gave me the answer I wanted to hear. It took only three days to get my new receiver which included a pre paid return shipping tag for my old unit. Do not give up.

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Well, I tried to get them to replace it for free and they refused. I paid my $14.99 and they sent me a replacement. Ya, I'm out $15 but at least I dont have the banding problem anymore!
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks