What's new

I gotta tell the HTF!!!! (1 Viewer)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons

A bunch of other guys and girls enter the pub. They all mix right away, it starts to look like the proverbial melting pot.

One, with rather piercing eyes, immediately orders six different brands of beer. Another one goes around showing his left nostril to everyone, if they want to see it or not, while several of them start measuring the size of the mirrors and windows. This group seems rather upset with one window, which has closed blinds covering part of the original aspect of it. This apparently draws the attention of the whole group, especially when it appears to partly mask the sight of a girl walking outside in the street. "I've definitely seen more of her in the theatre" some guys assure the others.

There's now a marked level of sound constantly coming from the background and surrounding the whole group. All are engaged in unwinding interesting looking, vividly coloured threads, some short some very long. Especially a thread marked Star Wires seems to be endless.

Someone entered carrying an object all covered by a thick black cloth, bearing no other indication than "spoiler" in white lettering.

Two rappers repeatedly snap their fingers in reply to each other. They were among the first to enter the pub, but several people resent the constant snapping anyway: "No snappers in this place, Bros.".

A guy who sat on a barstool for almost an hour before he found out it was all covered with tiny silica packets, is warned by several others for a disease called testicle silicosis. "Yeah, I know.." he replies "... it was drying me nuts.".

The general atmosphere is friendly, lots of small talk, advices how to enhance relations - or even start one - or to increase something called the SAF. A few cats and dogs are fed, in one corner the calender still shows "2001", but no one seems to care.

When someone suddenly cries out "this bar stinks", he's thrown out through the French doors to the street again without pause. And from then on nowhere to be seen, because all members of the group refuse to look through French doors for even one moment.

Then suddenly the phone rings. The barman, who all only refer to as 'Ron', switches the conversation to the speaker and all stop talking, looking at each other, finger on lips, whispering the holy word: a chat!

Cees

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
...when all of a sudden, one patron starts arguing politics and the mods have to quickly close down the bar. :D

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
or when the bartender comes to collect the tab, a massive fight breaks out on what the tip should be....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks