What's new

I gotta tell the HTF!!!! (1 Viewer)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Maybe it was my delivery, although silica and crotch kicking in the same joke should be funny in spite of the delivery.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i always call everyone here my "internet buddies" -- they usually get the idea. among my close friends, this place is affectionatly known as geek net!!!.

and...i've been here long enough to get most of the "inside" jokes; women at the mall of america, silica, fluffy pumpkin, turkey knapp, testy, the antonio show, etc.

but what the heck is the crotch kicking thing????

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Its a reference to something mentioned in the Star Wars on DVD thread.

Post number 737 is where it began

Tony Whalen started it off and it has gone out of control since then.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
:laugh:

I'm Thai, but born and raised in eastern Kentucky. Everybody saw me as Asian. I moved to Thailand circa 1990/91 and was considered a white American. I came back, and I'm the token Asian again. And I have hints of a hick accent.

I have an identity crisis. :)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
no worries dome. my friends in college called me a banana -- yellow on the outside, but white on the inside. of course, i had some friends who were eggs...so it all worked out... ;)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Allllllright Dome. An Asian with a hick accent. Excuse me while I laugh my ass off.

--
H - If we met, I couldn't stop laughing, you would hate me.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member

Heh, I have met him, and indeed he is an Asian with a Southern accent. But I grew up in Kentucky as well (though not in the sticks like Dome), so I'm used to hearing that kind of accent from people you wouldn't normally associate with it. My family is originally from Israel, but I managed to sidestep the Southern accent, despite having grown up in Kentucky from the age of three. There are certainly a lot of Jews with Southern accents, but I have yet to meet any Israelis who have one. :D

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Hehe, I think we certainly are OT at this point. Holadem, what about the person who assumed you were a short Dutch guy until you posted that screen-shot of yourself from The Siege in another thread? Surely that can be worked into the joke as well. :D

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Let's see, what do we have: An Asian, an Israeli, and an African walk into a bar. Mark Hastings (who's already sitting there) says, "wait a minute, wasn't one of you supposed to be Dutch? And short? And what the hell am I doing here in Kentucky?!" Then he starts kicking himself in the crotch. *rim shot*

Should we start an "HTF Inside Jokes" thread? :D

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I think this is becoming the HTF Inside jokes thread, although the previous joke about Mark in a bar was missing the stake with ketchup, Silica, and a reference to the Antonio show.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
My bad, Holadem, I edited above to reflect that correction (since this thread is SOOO important... :D ). It would actually be more accurate to refer to myself as "Israeli-American," inasmuch as that might mean anything (which it doesn't).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks