What's new

I got to meet the president today.... (1 Viewer)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
In order I met them:

Frank Gorshin (The Riddler)
Wolfman Jack
Marques Haynes & Geese Ausby (Harlem Globtrotters)
Jim Zorn (Seattle Seahawks)
Max Gail (Wojo on Barney Miller)
The Smithereens
Kurt Cobain (Nirvana)
Krist Novoselic (Nirvana)
Kim Thayill (Soundgarden)
Michael Stipe and Peter Buck (REM)
Mike Musberger (Posies, Fastbacks, etc.)
lots of other Seattle musicians actually

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Yeah, I guess most ordinary folks are bound to run into the rich and famous every so often. My encounters:

Got to be friends with actor Gary Merrill in the 60's-80's. He was kind enough to act in a few of my amateur films.

Met director Terence Malick when he was in town during a film festival a few years ago. Very soft-spoken and polite man.

Showed one of my student films to director Arthur Lubin (Abbott & Costello comedies, Mr. Ed series, PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, 1943). He gave me the best advice of all time: "Never fall in love with your work. Be mericiless. Edit, edit, edit."

Perry Como. I was very young. My dad worked in NYC as an ad exec. and frequently took me to NBC Studios to watch them broadcast various shows. Met Como after one of these. Met Sandy Becker, a NYC kid show host, also.

Sammy Davis Jr., backstage following a performance of GOLDEN BOY on broadway.

All of The Moody Blues, following a concert in Rochester, NY in 1969.

Damn, so many of these very special people are gone now...

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
Michael Dukakis, when he was running for reelection as governor of Massachusetts, was shaking hands outside the factory gate in Pittsfield, MA one morning. His face fell when I advised him that I lived in Vermont and could not vote for him (even if I were so inclined).

He was soooo short!

In my teenage years, Carol Burnett pulled me up on stage on during the Q&A portion of her variety show and sponsored me in a Walk of Dimes Walk-a-Thon. I ended up on the cutting room floor though...:frowning:

The next year, I cornered Olivia Newton-John (Mmmmm) outside a radio interview and got her to sponsor me.

Matt Gordon

Supporting Actor

Ha! Cool. It's funny her name should come up in this thread. I had a dream a couple of nights ago that her & I were staying at the same hotel (In Florida, I think) and hung out together for a while. My dreams have been a little strange lately...

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
While we're all name-dropping...here's a fun story.

On the second night of their honeymoon in Vegas, my parents almost go into a bit of a spat.

See, my Dad was a bit upset that my Mom wouldn't leave the blackjack table in the wee hours.

Why wouldn't she leave?

Because she was playing with Frank Sinatra and Count Basie! :eek: I wouldn't have left either! :D

John Prator

Stunt Coordinator
Man, some of you guys have met quite a few "stars"! I've met a few here and there a few notables are: met Heidi Fleiss in The Nature Store. Met the Pretty blonde secretary from Ally McBeal(can't remember her name)in a mall. I am friends with Farrah Forke, she played Alex the helicopter pilot on the sitcom Wings. Now she is an absolute blast, what a nut!! As a matter of a fact she is coming to see us in a few weeks and will stay with us for a few days. She is moving back to California to go back to work and wants to see us before she goes back.:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks