What's new

I got to meet the president today.... (1 Viewer)

KrisM

Second Unit
I met Wayne Gretzky when I was a kid after waiting in line forever. Still have the 7UP poster he signed. I've met alot of hockey players over the years. I also "met" the Stanley Cup. I've got a picture of me hanging all over it. They wouldn't let me pick it up though. That day was a pretty big thrill. A bigger thrill than meeting a celeb.
I also had the chance to meet Tom and Rosanne Arnold, as they were walking around the Mall Of America. Not that I wanted to actually meet them. There was a big crowd of people following them, and she pushing people out of the way. Tom sounded like he liked the attention though.
I've alot of music people, though not alot of big names. John Hammond Jr. was a cool guy, and he liked the fact I knew how important his dad was to music.
I met the guys from Run-DMC and have a picture of one of them dumping a beer over my buddies head(don't ask).

Regards
KrisM

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I was waiting in a crowd to shake hands with Bill Clinton when he was first running for president in 1992. As he neared, I was suddenly grabbed by the secret service. You see, I had my hands in my coat pocket, and they thought I had a gun. After determining I was unarmed, they let me go, and I shook his hand, but I still laugh about being viewed as a possible assassin. :)

KyleK

Second Unit

Parker, I am sooo jealous. He's one of my fave musicians. Where did this occur?

Kyle:D

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor

yeah, they told us not to do that:)

plus they told us not to make a motion to shake his hand, he had to come to us...

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor
I've roasted marshmellows with Shannon Doherty
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I was recently at the airport in Salt Lake City (on a layover) when I saw Oats (of Hall and Oats).

I also once saw Meat Loaf at the Crown Center Shops in Kansas City.

I bodyguarded Richard Simmons.

I guarded Lisa Lisa (from Cult Jam) one time when her top fell down, exposing a boob (Janet was a copycat).

I bodyguarded former UN Ambassador Jeane Kirkpatrick on a trip to KC. What an impressive lady.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Im still jealous some of the guys from HTF got to go to the X2 DVD party and meet Anna and Rebecca.

I would have given my left one to be there. Annas b/f wouldnt have been safe:D

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I've only met one famous person while walking down the streen in NYC near the Rainbow Room... Don Pardo.
("It's Saturday Night Liiiiive....") :D

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
For me, it's just various NFL and Arena Football players and coaches (including Kurt Warner before he played in the NFL), plus TV announcers.

Oh yeah, in 1999 I shared an elevator with Bubba the Love Sponge. He's the "shock jock" that was fired by Clear Channel a few weeks ago. He was only (in)famous locally back then, but since his firing made national news, most people have heard of him now.

I have a friend who is on a first name basis with John Elway. Does that count? :D

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Hmm, let's see:

Queen Elizabeth II
Prince Charles and Lady Diana
Governer General of Canada (2 of them)
Lois Hole (Lt. Gov. Alberta, Family Friend)
Glen Sather
Mark Messier - while showing off the Stanley cup - we are from the same home town
Wayne Gretzky
"Sammie" Semenko(sp)
Jari Curry(sp)
other Oilers during the Dynasty
Julia Stiles (had lunch with her...)
William Shatner
Lenord Nemoy
George Takei
Nichelle Nichols - we had a laugh of sharing the same last name
James Doohan

Alanis Morissette - well didn't meet her but when her first album came out (Canadian release entiled Alanis) I wrote her, and she wrote back with a personal, hand written note. I still have it. :)

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy

As annoying in person as he seems to be on tv. It was amazing. He said the most cruel things to women, and they loved him. He said thing like, "Oh my God, girl, you're huge!" and "You're boobs are dragging the floor", and the women would just giggle and hug him.

I was exhausted by the end of the evening.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Wow. You guys all have very impressive lists!

I've met Sonny Wade (of CFL fame) and Sara Watkins and Chris Thile of Nickel Creek.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Came into this thread thinking Mike Wladyka had met Al Gore...so I'm kinda let down, but, anyway...

I met Jim Jones, yep, that Jim Jones. Don't remember it, I was a tiny child in Indianapolis at the time.
People that I do remember meeting, and spending some quality time with:

Pete Seeger
Rip Torn
Jerry Lee Lewis
Ernest Tubb
Tammy Wynette
Floyd Tillman
Cliff Bruner (invented swing fiddle playing)

Magnus Nord

Agent
Since I live in sweden I havent met any really famous people up close. :/

Have to go out and travel more I suppose :)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I've also met some anime people at Otakon...
The director of Love Hina, Yoshiaki Iwasaki.
The director of Trigun, Satoshi Nishimura.
The creator/character designer of Saber Marionette J, Tsukasa Kotobuki.
The character designer of Cowboy Bebop, Escaflowne: A Girl in Gaia, and Wolf's Rain, Toshihiro Kawamoto.
The voice of Satoshi (Ash in the US) from Pokemon, Rica Matsumoto.

I've also met Matt Greenfield a few times (the President of ADVfilms).

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Jim Henson was the only big celebrity I've ever met.

I have had e-mail conversations with several people including Joe Alaskey (the current voice of Daffy Duck), Renee Carter Hall (who co-wrote the "Tiny Toon Adventures" episode "Buster & Babs Go Hawaiian"), and former "Saturday Night Live" cast member Gary Kroeger. I wrote an e-mail to Kathleen Wilhoite ("Private School For Girls", "Murphy's Law", "ER", "Pepper Ann"), but it must have been a dead address.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Heading off to drop a line to Renee Carter Hall right now.

EDIT: On an 80s message board I used to post to, I had some questions answered by Buckner & Garcia of "Pac-Man Fever" fame.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
I also got to meet Matt Hardy, Amy Dumas (Lita), and Bubba Ray Dudley in Dallas back in October 2002. My supervisor and I were catching a flight back from a 3-day trip there to a videoconferencing seminar, and as soon as we got into the check-in line in DFW, I got to meet Matt and Amy as they walked right by. Matt was wearing a Spider-Man baseball jersey, and Amy's neck was still in a neck brace because of her injury in filming her episode of Dark Angel. But they were really cool and friendly.

Then, when my supervisor and I got to our seating area, who happened to join Matt and Amy but Bubba Ray Dudley! They were headed to Arkansas to do a WWE house show that weekend prior to one of the pay-per-views that same weekend. So that was another cool celebrity encounter I had.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks