What's new

I got quoted/slammed at AICN for bashing Freddy Got Fingered! (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Moriarty is not a film critic.
Thanks for clarifying, Scott. I don't read AICN, so I figured he was a reviewer for the site, and from your comments (mistakenly) assumed he had done a counter-review to your, and others', reviews.
I don't know why he would make personal attacks as a way to argue against your review of a movie.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
quote:
Every review this guy writes is built around a “clever” quote like this. And he’s right... we all know that executives only make films better. Too bad they weren’t more involved here.
[/quote]
We all know he'd kill to be able to come up with something witty for each review or, "Moriarty" here...
This whole "artice" is rather sad and pointless, but my favorite is:
quote:
And if you let someone from JAM! MOVIES browbeat you out of seeing something, that’s between you and your conscience, too.
[/quote]

Because Jam! isn't nearly as reputable and honest as AICN. Oh wait, the review with that comment is actually from the Toronto Sun and reprinted on Jam! Too bad Moriarty. Better check the facts next time, or I may not believe you when you've got a stunning news scoop on Episode 7.

quote:
I figured he was a reviewer for the site
[/quote]
He is a reviewer for the site. Doesn't make him a "real" film critic.
No quote from Mr Cranky?
[Edited last by Graeme Clark on November 03, 2001 at 02:26 AM]

Gilbert Galindo

Stunt Coordinator
My ex-wife slammed Ron Epstien at aicn recently in spite of me because she knows how much I like Ron. Yes, she's a bitch.

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
I was always taught that people become critics because they never could succeed at the subject they discuss. So what does that make someone who is a critic of critics??
wink.gif

Just kidding, Scott. Always enjoy your reviews. Even have a copy of your Fast and the Furious on my wall because it makes me laugh so much. Just chill and quit being such an Angry Jew.
sincerely,
The Jackson Redneck
------------------
...I could go on, but I need to take a shit.
-Jason Whyte on "Corky Romano"

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
Drew is a writer by trade I believe,.. you'll never like everything written by someone. I really enjoyed Drew's take on Forrest Gump, quite the opposite from mine but certainly made me think about the themes of the film, which is probably the point.
I also find it pretty funny to see people rubbish the writing on AICN when 90% of it is submitted articles from readers.

Will K

Screenwriter
Much to my displeasure and the fact I'll never get back 87 minutes of my life, I watched Freddy Got Fingered last night at a friend's insistence. I'm not offended easily and I do appreciate sick humor, but I feel I must vent a little on this one.
I could select a number of words in the English language to describe this movie: inane, vapid, insipid, abysmal, abhorrent, reprehensible, repulsive, debased. These are the kind ones.
The only possible thing I can give Tom Green for is audacity, because I appreciate good shock value and daring material. But his audaciousness comes only in the guise of unbelievable stupidity. I guess his antics aren't supposed to make sense, but that doesn't make them funny either. Maybe it's something only a Green fan would get. I don't know.
Worse yet, his idiotic shenanigans disentigrate into an exercise of appallingly bad taste. Sorry, but a newborn baby being swung around a room by the umbilical cord is not only funny and agressively irresponsible. I realize not of this should be taken seriously, but then the viewer is treated to jokes about child molestation, a subject which I don't feel is exactly fertile ground for humor. Furthermore, another child is repeatedly brutalized in the face by flying objects, falling on the ground, and finally an airplane propeller. Not funny.
Lastly, are we supposed to sympathize for the lead character? He not only destroys property, but also dissolves his family through lies of molestation and so on and so on. To paraphrase Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack: "now I know why tigers eat their young." Again, I reiterate that the viewer is supposed to take none of this seriously, but this is a hateful film created by an individual with some blatant disrespect for other human beings.
That's it. I'm done. :)

Hubert

Second Unit
I wouldn't worry over anything at AICN. AICN just plain sucks. Not only does it have very little credibility, but it is filled with a bunch of foul-mouthed juveniles and fanboys. I stay as far away from that site as possible.

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
AICN is the anti-Home Theater Forum.

I swear, that place is a free-for-all. I'm all for freedom of speech and opinion, but man it's like a gang-bang over there!

No rules, no manners, no civility.

I'll stick to us and Dark Horizons, thank you very much.

Hubert

Second Unit
And very little intelligence. I went over there about a week ago and the place is pathetic. The place is a joke. And the layout sucks moose tool. That's why I read no reviews, look at no forums, read no spoilers, and read no news articles from AICN. And Harry Knowles and too good either. Last time I was over there, people were saying Star Wars sucks, LOTR sucks, Harry Potter sucks, Harry Potter is great, Star Wars is great, etc. And nobody even tried to explain their position.

I like ComingSoon okay. Dark Horizons is a great site. DVD File and The Digital Bits are good sites. And thank God for HOME THEATER FORUM.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
you guys are way too harsh or sheltered. AICN isn't special in its collection of message posters. Its unmoderated (to a degree) and that is what the greater internet is made of. HTF is has a filter on it which is what makes it very useful to us but also not representive of certain elements (not a complaint :D ).
just a response because you seem to be bashing on AICN because its largely unmoderated.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
He who lives by the word shall ... :)
Stick to your guns, Mr. Weinberg. Of course, it's disturbing that you didn't realize that this film is up there with Citizen Kane.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks