What's new

I got my Paradigm 40's this week (1 Viewer)

GaryCo

Agent
I recently upgraded my old Kenwood speakers from 16 years ago. I was away from movies and music for a few years
I received the 40's ( rosenut) and the studio reference cc and the matching stands for the 40's( Premier J-50's) I am very happy with them, looking forward to finishing the break in period.
I a/b'd these with the 20's and imo there was a big difference. I then listened to a pair of 60's in another room, it was hard to tell but i leaned to the 40's.
Went back after i received my 40's and the a/b was set to the 40 and 60's. I had to listen and again the 40's were brighter and more open than the 60's IMO, the 60's seemed muddy in the middle range.
I have found myself listening to more 2 channel music this week than i have in years. Finished adjusting everything or proper sound levels and am looking forward to a great
sounding movie tonite.
These will go with my infinity rs 1000 bookshelfs for the rear speakers. The sub is the sony wm40, will upgrade to a SVS or Paradigm servo 15 next year. any recommendations on these 2, please take money out of the equation.
I need to upgrade my receiver to a denon at some point and add a front screen or widescreen HDTV next year again. Tough to justify now to spouse w/ holidays around the corner.
Thanks for listening

Gruson

Second Unit
Paradigm sub all the way man.
I love mine.
Congrats on the 40s, great speakers.
------------------
Equipment:
Mitsubishi 65907 65" HDTV ISFd Steve Martin
Yamaha RX-V1000 6.1
Paradigm PW2200
Paradigm Studio CC
Paradigm Studio 40s
CV LS-15s
CV LS-8s
Toshiba 6200 Progressive
Pioneer CLD704 LD
Aura Bass Shakers
1080i DirecTV
See it:
Link Removed

Thomas F

Stunt Coordinator
Congratuations on your purchase of the Paradigm 40's. They are really great speakers. I also have the 40's for both front and rear, with a Studio/CC and a PW-2200. I originally had my mind set on the Servo-15, but my dealer was having an inventory reduction sale on Paradigm's and offered me the 2200 for $599 and I couldn't pass it up. The Servo-15 is supposed to be slightly better. I am running my Paradigm's with a Denon 3802 in a small apartment, and I'm very happy. Happy listening!

Pamela

Supporting Actor
Congrats on your new purchase. I hope you get as much enjoyment out of your 40s as I get out of mine! I have also increased my 2 channel music listening since getting these speakers. Happy listening!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks