What's new

I got my appendix removed and..... (1 Viewer)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
No pain with me, just kept vomiting. Over the counter medications were no help, so I saw the doctor.

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
I had mine taken out in 1988 at age 14. I had alot of abdominal pain and a high fever with the chills. My pediatrician told my mother that I had a "stomach flu" and sent me on my way. My grandmother, God bless her, said it was my appendix and took me to a surgeon she knew. After a bunch of tests the Doctor said my grandmother was right and scheduled me for emergency surgery. I was in the hospital for three days and out of school for two.

As far as your boss, you must know him/her well enough to know the reason for their reaction. In my experience as a Union rep most "good" bosses will wish you well and inquire about your absence at a later and more appropriate time. A jerk will want answers right away. Your situation reminded me of something that happened in my office a few weeks back. A woman's mother passed away after a terminal illness that her management knew about. When she called to inform them that her mother had passed and she would be taking her bereavement time the boss didn't say "I'm sorry, My condolences", etc". They instead asked for a death certificate. I bet your boss is in the "jerk" category.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I had mine out in 1995, at the age of 45. I woke up with a slight bellyache, went to work, and it got worse until I asked to go home at about 11 am. Luckily my then wife was home. It continued to get worse and I started to get pale and sweaty and weak and nauseous. I called my doctor and he said come right down. I almost passed out as my wife was driving me to the Dr. He poked around at my abdomen and made a phone call to a surgeon and told us to go straight over to see him.

The Surgeon poked around, called the hospital, and sent us over to the hospital. I reached the hospital at about 4pm, was told I needed the op that night (it was a Friday). I called my boss to tell him and he was very understanding and told me he'd figured out a way to change my pay plan which would increase my pay, and that it would start when I got back.

I woke up in the recovery room about 9:30pm with a sore throat from the aneshetic and very little pain. I was moved into a regular room with a colorful roomate in for a hip replacement due to a car accident a few years earlier while he was in Sri Lanka. I was on an on-demand morphine drip which was kinda scary for me as I'm an addictive personality. Was released on Sunday and told to take 2 weeks off.

After one week I felt well enough to go back to work (auto mechanic) and should not have. No surgical complications but my back went out and I had to take another week after all. I can't find the tiny scars any more.

This was the last time I had a satisfactory experience withe the health care system. Everything since has been absolute crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks