What's new

I got Best Buy Coupons!!!!!! Good 12/14 thru 12/19 (2 Viewers)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well....one coupon......via e-mail.....and its not for DVD software.

Its one of their standard 10% off one single item (electronics mostly) exlcuding half the store.

But, on the outside chance anyone can use this.....HERE YA GO!!!

Wonder how THAT ever happened?!?! :D

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor

Boy, you got that right. These store coupons are getting downright silly. Marshall Fields had some promo coupons this year that had more fine print than all the paperwork on my last house purchase.

God forbid they inadvertantly left open a loophole which actually allows people to use the coupon!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The coupon says it's good for use with movies, and I think DVDs qualifies as movies since BB doesn't really have a lot of VHS movies for sale.

Jeremy K

Stunt Coordinator
I got this in my e-mail too. I like how it says "No copies" and they send it to you in your e-mail to print out.

It sounds like it won't work for me, I wanted to use it on the Sound Blaster card on sale this week, $20 off plus a $30 rebate. I will try anyway though:D .

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's a YMMV situation, some people have reported that they used it on the LOTR EE 3-pack to get the price down to around $66, others have problems getting the coupon to work on the new releases, some have cashiers who throw caution to the wind and manually do the 10% off override.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
Used it last night on LOTR:ROTK EE with a $22.99 price tag attached (some copies had a $22.99 tag, but the majority were labelled at $29.99; came to $20.69 + tax). Seeing as some of the cashiers were sticklers for details (especially the trainees), I didn't want to take a gamble on a copy with a $29.99 tag. I've been told on previous occasions that a) the item is already discounted, therefore the coupon can't be used, or b) we can accept the coupon, but towards the regular price only, i.e. what it's currently tagged at. The hoops I have to jump through, just to save a measly 10%.... :rolleyes

Thank God I'm a devil in their eyes :wink:

Pamela

Supporting Actor
I used mine last night. They had 25-pack Fuji DVD-Rs on sale for $8.99. A great deal on its own. I bought 4 packs and used the coupon. Total: 32.36. The coupon worked with the sales price and even though it said 1 item only, it rang up on all 4!

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I used this coupon for the Return of the King Gift Set yesterday, bringing it home for $44.99. Add in the $10 rebate from New Line and that makes a pretty sweet deal. Thanks Mike!

Jeremy K

Stunt Coordinator
I used mine today to buy a DVD player that also had a rebate. Unfortunatly I got to the car and noticed I didn't get the rebate receipt. I went back in and they said since I saved $4.00 with my coupon, I couldn't get the $10 rebate. I had to return it and buy it again without the coupon so I could get the rebate. A little bit of a hassle, but oh well.

The rebate was in the form of a gift card, which they gave me right away, no mailing in and waiting 2 months, I liked that.

Jeremy K

Stunt Coordinator
I got another set of these 10% off coupons for this weekend. Does anyone know if I price match an item, will they take 10% off from the lowest price, or will they not let me use the coupon with the price match?

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Chances are they will not (there's actually a disclaimer in most of these coupons saying "not valid with any other offers" and pricematching is an "offer").

Still you might get lucky if you get a CSR who doesn't know what they're doing and manually overrides the register and gives you an additional discount.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The coupons are also for savings off "regular price".

After a price match, the item is no longer "regular" price, so they shouldn't allow it. But as stated, it depends on your cashier. You can't depend on any sort of uniformity on how these things are handled at any Best Buy store.

Jeremy K

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the replies and the info. I had wanted to go in today, because I am busy this weekend, but I didn't make it anyway. So I guess I will find out tomorrow.

And DaveB, if I had a way to get them to you on time, I would share. I only want to use one of them, and probably won't be able to anyway. But since you can only use them on regularly priced items, they really aren't that good of a deal.

Users who are viewing this thread