I got an X-Box!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Brian Harnish, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

Well, I got another X-Box!! This time, I'm keeping mine. I had to sell my previous one due to financial issues I had at the time (credit card debt). Anyway, I'm two weeks away from being completely out of debt now (only two hundred more left to pay before I get rid of my Best Buy Card) and I used part of my paycheck this week to buy myself a shiny new X-Box. Just thought I'd buy myself a little gift for good measure. And yes, it's completely paid for and not on any credit cards. I will not get into consumer debt ever again. [​IMG]

Also got Soul Calibur II (one of my favorite fighting games of all time).

Oh, and the build date is June, 2003 so I have a new, nondefective DVD drive as well. Yeah, baby! [​IMG]

2. ZacharyTait

ZacharyTait Cinematographer

Congrats, Brian. I myself am waiting to get my tax refund check to get mine. Hopefully the rumor of the X-box dropping to $150 at the end of the month pans out and I can get for cheaper.

What other games are you going to be getting? I'm gonna get Grand Theft Auto Double Pack and possible Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow. My roomates already own Halo, Prince of Persia, Madden 2004, Tiger Woods 2004, and Simpsons Hit and Run, so I can play those whenever I want.

3. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

Zachary- I'm planning on getting Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, Crimson Skies, Grand Theft Auto Double Pack (I love those GTA games), and yes, Tiger Woods 2004. And, of course, I'll get Halo as well. There are quite a few more games I want to pick up, too.

I hooked up my X-Box to my Toshiba 42H83 last night with component cables and I just have to say: Oh my God!! I never knew Video games could look so good! I believe I'm a hardcore gamer again. Used to have every system (with about 10-50 titles per system) except for the Atari Jaguar and the Neo Geo so I was seriously hardcore back in the day.

These hobbies are burning holes into my pockets left and right! [​IMG]