What's new

I got an overlay (jig) for my 51S700, but it is a little to big for the screen... (1 Viewer)

JohnKings

Stunt Coordinator
Hello:

I have some geometry related issues I would like to resolve with my new TV. I have a screen overlay (Jig) for the TV, but it is a ~1/4" too wide and ~ 1/4" too long. Should I just trim it by an eigth of an inch on all sides? My concern is that in trimming the sides none of the existing covergence lines will match up with the jig. The jig I have is, I believe, the exact one prescribed by the service manual. The model numbers are identical. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

John

Chad B

Stunt Coordinator
John,

I've worked with a few geometry grids. You don't have to worry about that small of a difference. 1/4 inch probably makes up for the lip that surrounds the screen. If you need to trim it to make it fit properly, go ahead, but you might not have to. The lines should be properly alligned if you attatch it correctly, whether you trim it or not.

Chad B

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks