What's new

I Got Accepted! (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Just today, I got accepted to the University of Rochester! I got a $10,000 a year scholarship (Rush Rhees) for all 4 years, too.

Anyone else get responses back from colleges yet? I applied Early Decision, so that's why they got back to me so fast.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
No idea about colleges, but I'm doing pretty well with my med school interviews, interview at UTMB, UT Houston, Texas A&M, Southwestern, and Baylor so far. Thank God for a 36 MCAT.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Crikey Morgan I would kill for that kinda deal, great job! Can I ask what type of scholarship it is?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The scholarship I got (Rush Rhees) is based solely on academics and ranges from $5,000-$10,000 for each year. I got the highest amount ($10,000) for all 4 years (total of $40,000). Then again, tuition, room, board, etc. is somewhere around $40,000 a year. Hopefully, they'll give me some more financial aid. Worse comes to worst, I'll try to get a loan.

I've also got some money in the bank, a job that I can come home to during the summer/vacations, and hopefully I'll get a job near the campus, so some of the minor expenses (books, daily living stuff, videogames) will be taken care of.

Thank god for the 1430 on my SATs! I think that just might be the thing that made sure I got in.

And thank you for the congratulations. You should have heard my dad over the phone when I told him!

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Congrats and welcome to the college elite :D:emoji_thumbsup:

I pay my tuition, with scholarships and such it's only about $300 a year plus books though. One benefit of going to a college in-state... the government of the state just throws money at you to stay ;)

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
I just looked, and I totally forgot to congratulate you in my original post Morgan. Jeez, don't I come across as a braggart. :b

Anyway, kudos and congrats Morgan, although I'm curious, is it the University of Rochestor, new York, or Rochestor, Minnesota?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Rochester New York.

Oddly enough, my French teacher grew up there and her mother lives there still. My brother's friend went there (graduated this past spring, I think) and he loved it. Our school's valedictorian and I are friends, and he visited the campus and loved it, too (he also got accepted today).

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Congratulations! You've just taken your first step into a wider world... :D

Ah, college. Seems like ancient history now :frowning:

I guess the "above the Scootplex" locale is going to change soon...

KyleS

Screenwriter
Congrats to you there Morgan. My wife went for 2 years to the UofR before coming out to go to school at the University of Oregon. My Father in Law was the Head of the Radiology department at the UofR for a long time before he retired 4 years ago or so. Best of luck.

KyleS

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
That will be in the fall when Morgan moves out!!!

I think Scooter is going to have one in the spring anyway, at least I've volunteered to help him out this time. Might as well make it once before he moves from NJ..

Jay

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
How interesting. I went to UR for grad school, and had several good undergraduate friends during my time there. (And I'm still in Rochester, working at Kodak.)

Congratulations.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks