I got a sweet deal.

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Kyle Tippett, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Kyle Tippett

Kyle Tippett Stunt Coordinator

I got a (new) Hitachi 46F500 for $1,281, she's coming tomarrow, i cant wait... wosrt part is that i have to wook all weekend, and late too. Sucks, right?

But its a sweet deal.

2. EarleD

EarleD Supporting Actor

Kyle,

Nice price for that TV. I just got my 51F500 about a month ago and am slowly tweaking it. The service menu makes me nervous, so I'm taking it slowly.

You will be very happy with the 46F500, DirecTV looks pretty good, but DVD's look great.

Make sure that you lower you contrast and brightness to get it out of tourch mode. I ran a calibration with Video Essentials and have my contrast at 20 and brightness at 50 for DVD's. When watchting TV I have bumped the contrast to 25.

Earle

3. Kyle Tippett

Kyle Tippett Stunt Coordinator

thanks earle... it just got deliverd this morning.. 8am EST, so i had about a half hour to play around with it. I Put in video essentials for a little but, but wasnt getting an instruction, am i supposed to just pause it on a frame and adjust the picture by how i think it should be? i then put in the T2 Extreme dvd for the thx optimizer, which i know is a little cheap, but i wanted to do something befroe work.

4. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

Congrats on your set and enjoy. That's a pretty early delivery for a TV.