What's new

I got a job! (1 Viewer)

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Just in time to start paying Student loans as the deferment expires in about four weeks.

I'm so happy to be amongst the ranks of the employed, and this is a terrific, ideal position too!

Adam

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Pro'ly Production Assistant, which is fancy for "set handyman". Gotta start somewhere :D.

Seriously, congrats.

--
H

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Actually it's a Vault Manager for a post production company, one step below Assistant Editor which is the next goal in my career path (last vault manager was just promoted up to Assistant editor).

though almost every interview I've had in the past month has been for a post Production Assistant job, so Holadem was close, that's what I thought I'd be doing and this came along and is a lot closer to what I want to do (post PA is the entry level for the Associate Producer track, it's on the paper side, not the picture side, of post production, so a lot harder to jump from there to asst or apprentice or trainee editor).

Adam

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Yeah what's that form, (W9?) I need to fill out so taxes aren't withheld (except for the inevitable medicare medicaid & SS which I already know I will never see again since it's going to pay for Dennis' generation and there won't be anything left for mine, zero zilch nada is my expectation for SS, despite probably paying tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars into it the next 40 years), I hate giving the government an interest free loan and I need every penny to pay people back, pay off credit card debt and make rent, gas, grocery, and car payments.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Just make sure that you do not underpay by too much, either, or you will be charged a penalty at tax time. No sense in giving Uncle Sam more than you need to, either.

And, by the way, congrats. :)

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Congratulations!! Now you can do your part to help stop the shrinking middle class :D (see appropriate thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks