1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

I-glasses...anyone ever seen these demonstrated?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bob McLaughlin, Nov 14, 2001.

1. Bob McLaughlin

Bob McLaughlin Screenwriter

Bob
  2. Jon Mercer

Jon Mercer Second Unit

Now that was COOL!
    [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Where the heck is Plucky? HERE DUCKY DUCKY DUCKY!!!
    Magic armour is good but it tends to lose its magic without warning. Many an ancient lords last words had been " You can't kill me because I've got magic AARRGG!"
    -Interesting Times-

3. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Just think how goofy you'd look if you were watching a movie with them. Hehehe [​IMG]
    They do sound cool though. Do they accept component cables? [​IMG]
    ------------------
    God bless!
    jeffrey noel
    My DVD Collection

4. Jah-Wren Ryel

Jah-Wren Ryel Stunt Coordinator

Very low resolution, I've seen similar products and these sound similar with only 180K pixels. The high-end, high-priced models in the $3k range are reported to be a lot more watchable.

5. Brian Crowe

Brian Crowe Stunt Coordinator

I tried out a set similar to this at Frys Electronics out on the West Coast. The picture was good for what it was, but not a replacement for a home system. The glasses weren't all that comfy after 5 minutes and would probably be awful to use for a whole movie. Also, they aren't designed to block out your peripheral vision (likely for safety reasons). I'd prefer blinders to block out the light but that's just me. I'm pretty sure they accept s-video from the DVD to the little control box attached to the glasses. I didn't look for component inputs but they probably wouldn't gain you that much.
    I'd give them a 6 out of 10 just for novelty.
    ~Crowe~
    [Edited last by Brian Crowe on November 14, 2001 at 11:34 PM]

6. Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover Screenwriter

My dentist has a set of these in his exam room. It's a nice distraction when you're having 2 hours of dental work done!
    Quality-wise, they're not all that great. You can pick out individual pixels and the image is not as big as promos would have you believe. I think $400 is a little steep for something of this quality.