I give up!

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by ChristopherE, Jan 21, 2004.

1. ChristopherE

ChristopherE Auditioning

This is the second time that I've tried to start a thread on this forum...

Spent a good 20 minutes putting together a logical, well-thought post, with references to the items that I wish to discuss, and then when I hit "submit", receive a message stating "You cannot post a link in a thread until you've posted 15 times. Press 'back' to remove the links and resubmit"

Of course, when I hit back, it fully reloads the page... entire message lost.
    20 minutes of time, thought, organization, and effort lost.

It happened to me a couple weeks ago, I broke something in my office, my wife came in wondering what the problem was.

Being ludicrous, I forgot all about it, of course...
    Then I came back today seeking opinions, went to post another thread...
    ...same thing.

I don't have time to waste like this. [​IMG]
    This is an INCREDIBLE disservice.

Who do I talk to about getting this ridiculous handicap disabled?

2. ChristopherE

ChristopherE Auditioning

Possibly - and I don't want to get too optimistic...

My original post I was intending to post could be retreived from the log somehow, and posted?

It was titled something along the lines of "Hi-Vi A2S and Aura "whisper" - 2 inch fullrange drivers".

You just have no idea....

3. AndrewErickson

AndrewErickson Stunt Coordinator

It's there to keep people from opening multiple user accounts and spamming our message boards with links to unrelated material. I highly doubt it will change either. I suggest just writing your post again without links and becoming a productive member of the message boards. Soon you will have 15 posts.

4. Topher

Topher Stunt Coordinator

Or just post a few things in the test area until you have 15. Or post the link and leave out a "." or the "www" and people will get the point.

5. JamesGL

JamesGL Stunt Coordinator

That happened to me before.

At least allow a user to hit the back button without losing what he/she wrote and let him edit the post.

6. Gary Wolfe

Gary Wolfe Auditioning

I've found this behavior on other boards, but then again, I've found some that retain what you typed when you hit "back". But this has happened to me often enough that I periodically "select all" then "copy" before submitting or doing something else, just in case.

The worst is when I'm chatting in a different window, someone sends me a link to click on, and of course rather than open a new browser window, it takes over my half-typed message and if that board has this problem, you're screwed.

Another (slightly more time consuming) way to handle this is to open "notepad" (if you can't find the icon, do a Run and type "notepad"), and type your message there, and copy/paste when you're done.

7. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

Christopher, I suggest that you post your problem in the appropriate location, the HTF Help and Feedback area.

A simple search of the forum areas on the home page would no doubt have reduced your frustration.

8. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

If I write a long post in ANY forum, I copy it to my windows clipboards before I hit submit. If it goes through, great. If it dies for any reason I back up, hit paste and do it again. If it still doesn't work, I open a text file, dump the info in there and leave it until the thread is working again.

I do this because it kept happening to me too and the stuff in my office doesn't belong to me...

9. Tim Streagle

Tim Streagle Stunt Coordinator

Sure would like to hear what you had to say about the Aura Whisper driver![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Stephen Weller

Stephen Weller Stunt Coordinator

I was about to suggest composing in Windoze *first*. And *then* pasting it into the editor...

I'm very, very pleased with this forum just the way it is.