What's new

I found an Uncut " Colossus of Rhodes " on DVD (1 Viewer)

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I discovered a very cool disc while at the Amoeba store in San Francisco for only $12.95. A DVD of Sergio Leones "Colossus of Rhodes" which is letterboxed and restored ( looks great I might add). It contains two versions: the original uncut Italian version which runs 140 minutes and the French (dubbed) version which has the same running time as the US of 126 min. You can see either version. There are only French subtitles. There are some great sequences (much more graphic I might add) in the Italian version. Additionally some very cool extras. With "Good Bad and Ugly" coming soon and "Troy" , it seems like this "fun guilty pleasure" should be released in R1. The disc I bought was from Studio/Canal- France.
MGM originally released the shorter version in the US. I wonder if WB owns the rights now and they have access to the Uncut version?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Italian soundtrack and only French subs?

Damn.

Gueorgui

Auditioning
Hi Ken,
my name is Gueorgui and I live in Mexico. I read that you found a DVD of Sergio Leone's "Colossus of Rhodes". I'm collecting movies on DVD (before was on VHS, now I have to replace them with DVDs), and Sergio Leone is one of my favorite directors. I wonder if you would be interested in selling me a copy of your DVD. If there was a way for me to buy it original I wouldn't be asking you for this. No need to explain you what kind of a country is Mexico concerning well supplied stores and people that know about movies working there.
So, whatever your answer may be, I would like to hear from you.
Thanks for your kind attention,
Regards,
Gueorgui Lazarov

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks