What's new

I forgot how fantastic Superman was. (1 Viewer)

Michael*K

Screenwriter
One of my all-time favorites. Still remember seeing it for the first time at Lincoln Mall Theaters when I was 9 years old. One part that gives me the biggest laughs is during the whole helicopter scene and Clark's first transformation. We had always read and seen how Kent always dived into a phone booth to turn into Superman. So the first time he goes looking for one in the movie...there's no booth, just a stand-alone pay phone. Priceless! And what more needs to be said about John Williams' score. Magnificent! The main title theme and the scoring during the whole helicopter sequence gives me goosebumps. :emoji_thumbsup:

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
TerryRL

Where are you from? I grew up in Lakewood. I remember going to that place a few times when I was a kid, I don't think I ever went to it too often though, always ended up at the Multiplexes when I went to the movies, not sure why. Guess that's where us kids all went to the movies.

Chris

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Yep a great movie with an awesome soundtrack from John Williams. The little swirl with the flutes he introduces into the Superman theme song really sells the idea of flight.

My only quibble would be Otis - Ned Beatty's portrayal was too over the top for me. It diminished the conflict between Lex and Superman.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
had to bring this one back to life after nearly 2 years. i used to love the superman movies when i was a kid, but i hadnt seen any of them for at least 10 or 15 years. i recently scored superman: the movie at bestbuy.com for $6 and watched it again, it is a great film, but it also brought back many memories. i remember loving 'the guy who played lex luthor' before i even knew who gene hackman was, now he is one of my favorites.

CJ

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
This was THE first DVD that I ever bought!

I'm glad you brought this back, because this morning I heard on the radio that (for better or worse) Warner Bros. has offered Tom Welling the roll for the new movie. (Don't hit me, I'm only the messenger!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks