I finish college 10am!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Dave Bennett, May 15, 2003.

1. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

Hey everyone,
    As i sit here in my now dismantled dorm room studying for my last final at 8am tomorrow, I can't believe I'll be done with college in under 12 hours. My dorm room looks completely different with the Home theater taken apart, the furniture back in the default position, and no carpeting. My folks are coming up tomorrow with a 14 passenger van with all of the back seats pulled so all my stuff can actually fit. I gotta say, for as much as I enjoyed school, I'm ready for a change. I know alot of people dislike their jobs and all, but this last year of college has just been such a burden and I'm burned out. Hopefully I'll land this job that I interviewed for but either way I'm just looking forward to having some time off. Anyways, anyone else in a similar position? It's gonna be good to be done but I'll be the first to admit it's gonna seem strange to never have to do homework again [​IMG]

2. Michael Mathius

Michael Mathius Screenwriter

Dave:

congrats and good luck.

Michael

3. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

I hear ya Dave. I have my last final at 9:40am tomorrow. While I am paying for my apartment until August 1st, I'm moving back with my sister so I can actually make some money this summer. College towns don't pay squat! Anyway, while I'm not graduating until December, I will not be attending actual college courses. I'm student teaching back home next semester so I won't be in Manhattan, YAY! I am so freakin' burned out on college. All I can say is YIPPEE!!

Best of luck on your career hunt. For me it won't be hard, since male elementary teachers are highly sought after. Unfortunately the pay sucks! [​IMG] Oh well!

4. Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper Supporting Actor

Well congrats guys and welcome to the work world! There isn't a rule saying that you have to hate your job, it just happens more often than not. Good luck finding that job you like. Me, I wish I could go back to school and learn again.

5. Jed M

Jed M Cinematographer

As burned out as you are, you will miss it so much before you know it. Congratulations and my advice is to go back and get a masters, its better than real life. [​IMG]

6. Shane Bos

Shane Bos Second Unit

One of these days I will get the ambition to go back and finish my Computer Systems Technology diploma. I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

Congrats guys.

7. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

Congrats! I graduated from college last year...I wish I was still in college. Having a real job sucks... [​IMG]

8. Woo Jae

Woo Jae Screenwriter

Take a vacation BEFORE you start a job, since it is one of the few times that you will have a LARGE chunk of time free to do/go anywhere. Judicious spending/saving while working can pay for it later...

I didn't, and it is one of my regrets...

And you will appreciate school more once you have a job..

9. Mark Dubbelboer

Mark Dubbelboer Screenwriter

Hey congrats dave. i just got my degree last month and am convocating next week (does anyone else think convocating sounds dirty? it makes me giggle every time).
    Unfortunately for me i decided grad school was the way to go. It'll be interesting to see how the ppl i graduate with do compared to myself when i get my masters.
    Hopefully after four months off i'll be ready to go for a final 12 months.

10. Jeff Hoak

Jeff Hoak Stunt Coordinator

Mark,

Where do you go to school? My SO has an uncle who is (or maybe was) a professor at UA. Did you take any anthropology?

11. Jeff Braddock

Jeff Braddock Second Unit

I'm in a similar situation. My finals don't start till next week, but I will have my last one on Wed. Then, in a somewhat anti-climatic fashion, I will do an apprenticship and graduate in July. I too am seeking a "real" job, though the type of work I do now is "real." I too am burnt out and ready to just work. Now if only I can get hired somewhere around here...

12. Jeff Braddock

Jeff Braddock Second Unit

Hey Dave, sorry for killing your thread. It seems that most any thread I respond to dies. [​IMG]

13. DarrinH

DarrinH Second Unit

Congratulations, I remember exactly what that felt like.
    It took me 7 years to finally complete my college education with two changes of a major.