I finally took some pics too...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by brian a, Mar 2, 2002.

1. brian a

brian a Second Unit

There is clearly an art to getting good HT pics, and I haven't mastered it yet. I'll have to play around with it a little more, but I wanted to go ahead and get something up while I have a few pics. There's no telling when I'll get around to re-shooting it. It's also amazing how bad the paint looks when there's some light in the room. I had no idea it was that uneven.[​IMG]
    I guess I'll have to take a shop light in there and clean up the paint before my next shoot as well.
    All pics are clickable for larger versions.
    brianca...
    Insert large page with several images warning here...
    http://www.io.com/~timeline/brianca/ht2.htm

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Great components Brian! One thing I can recommend is upgrading your HTPC case. That Enlight model is one of the loudest there is, but for some reason it's also very popular. I have one of those and also a Fong Kai 603, the difference is like night and day. And get those components off the carpet for crying out loud!! [​IMG]
    Again nice theater, I hope mine grows to yours some day.

3. brian a

brian a Second Unit

Like I said in the captions, none of those things are hooked up. They are all pulled out of the closet where they live while I'm working on the wiring. They will all move back into their nice little rack as soon as the outlaw arrives. Since they live in the closet of another room, sound isn't a factor at all for me on the HTPC. In fact, that's one of the reasons I keep all of my gear out of the room.

Just of out curiosity, what is the adverse effect of carpeting on audio gear? I haven't heard that before.