I finally ponied up and bought my speakers...

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Chris^C, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Chris^C

Chris^C Auditioning

First off, I'll give you a little background about me. I am a 20 year old college student who, after working all summer, had a little money to spend on my passion...audio equipment. I originally was a car audio enthusiast, decking out my tahoe with a killer system that brought home many 1st place trophies. So after the summer, I decided that my house should be afforded the same attention [​IMG]

After a month or so of researching this message board and other resources, I decided to go with a JBL Northridge setup. At first I was a bit iffy about JBL because my background in audio equipment is in cars and their car audio line is towards the bottom in my opinion. But after doing some research and realizing that I could not afford speakers like Swans, I went with the E80s for front, EC35 center, and E30s for surrounds, all for 680 shipped. It was mainly between Fluance and JBL but in the end I went with what I thought would offer more "bang for the buck".

In short, I just wanted to thank the users/owners of this message board for preventing me from going with Bose [​IMG]
    I'll let you all know how they sound once I get them in!

2. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

Congrats on your new home system and I know you're gonna enjoy!
    I personally am a JBL fan, having bought a pair of the JBL L100 in 1978. They've been the driving force in my home system since my entry into home theater in 1989 and their sound made me demand more and more in both my car AND home systems.
    Having been into car audio since the mid 70's when amps became more affordable for vehicles, I know where you're coming from. I can't really decide which system drives the other but I do know that you can tie up a lot of money into both...... as my sig relates.......
    Have fun!

3. Chris^C

Chris^C Auditioning

Well, I have had the speakers for about a week now hooked up to my Yamaha 5760 and I can't say enough about their performance! I just watched a performance of Orfeo on Discovery HD and was amazed! I'll say this, if you've got a budget like I had and are looking for some new speakers, then you will not/cannot be disappointed with these. Now I've just gotta wait to gather up enough money for an SVS and I'll be set [​IMG]

4. Raj_asaurus

Raj_asaurus Stunt Coordinator

JBL + Yammy isnt too bright for ya? I think my ears would start bleedin! [​IMG]

5. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

If you still think Yamaha makes bright-sounding receivers, you haven't tried one of their new receivers.

6. david*mt

david*mt Second Unit

Aren't JBLs supposed to be warm sounding? I thought they were supposed to be a good match for Yamahas.

7. PeterK

PeterK Supporting Actor

You got all those speakers for 680 Shipped? where?

8. Chris^C

Chris^C Auditioning

www . bestpriceaudiovideo . com

Not authorized, but ran a test through the better business bureau and came back very positive and have had a few friends use them in the past. I was very pleased, especially for the price they gave me.

9. ScottCHI

ScottCHI Screenwriter

enjoy!

[​IMG]

10. Yung

Yung Stunt Coordinator

Interestingly they ARE an authorized B&M dealer through their parent company Nirav, but NOT and authorized on-line dealer.

Enjoy you new speakers, its a nice set-up, especially for the price!