What's new

I finally got of the fence and bought a new system (1 Viewer)

This was a tough call for me. All the new systems had something that I really liked. In the end though, I mostly play sports games, so I got an X-box. I picked up Halo and SSX tricky. I've never played SSX before on any system, so I don't know If I'll keep it or not. I didn't pick up a football game because I'm waiting for NFL2K2. I just love the potential sports lineup that x-box has going for it. Basically all of Sega's games which I worship. I can't wait for the new version of College basketball there developing, and I already love NCAA2k2 football on dreamcast. Combine that with EA and Microsofts sports games(Inside Drive and NFL Fever), I just couldn't pass up the box.

Anyways, Best Buy was loaded up with units. 4 or 5 people came in and bought one why I was in the store. I got the HD pack too for my HDTV, they must of had about 30 of these packs in stock Now here's the kicker, The X-box is a Christmas present so I can't play it until then. So for now it's just sitting on our table in it's box taunting me. Oh well Christmas isn't to far away.

David Head

Second Unit
Congrats on your purchase Scott! You are going to love the look of games in 480P and sound in 5.1 (assuming you have a DD receiver). My kids love playing NFL Fever 2002 and are looking forward to playing SSX Tricky and Amped this weekend (rentals to determine which to buy).
Too bad you can't hook it up until Christmas. That's got to be tough! Maybe you could justify hooking it up early to verify that your unit doesn't have any problems... ;)
David

Actually, I was using that exact rationale. I thought it would be Ok to hook it up just to make sure everything was in working order. I decided not to though. Honestly, I can't remember when I was this excited for Christmas. I will probably be the first one up at about 6 in the morning on Christmas day. I didn't want to ruin the excitement by opening it early. Although in a couple of days I may want to change my mind.

David Head

Second Unit
Good luck being patient. You've got more self control than I would. :)
Let us know your impressions when you do get it hooked up.
David

Barry S

Stunt Coordinator
Why do you need a new system if you have a Dreamcast? Sure there aren't any more games coming out, but who buys more than 20 - 25 games for a system anyway?

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Why do you need a new system if you have a Dreamcast? Sure there aren't any more games coming out, but who buys more than 20 - 25 games for a system anyway?
Plenty of people! I'm sitting at 56 DC games, should hit 60 over Christmas.

And there are still a handful of games coming out - just not in the US. Rez, Space Channel 5 & the new Sakura Wars game are all due out in the next few months.

Anthony_J

Stunt Coordinator
Speaking of Dreamcast launches, any word on NHL2k2? That's the only new release I really want to round out my collection before I stop buying DC games.

And yes, even with a DC and a bunch of great games for it, I still plan on buying an Xbox sometime next year (probably once second generation games start hitting the market and broadband support is in full functionality).

The more the merrier, that's what I say.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
For my N64 and PSX I have over 30 games each, plus I have even more SNES and NES games, and I'm already at around 13 or 14 for my PS2.

Just sharing that some freaks buy more than 25 games for a console (though I'm low on DC games since I didn't have much money when those games came out).

Barry S

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think I've ever owned more than 30 games for any system. I probably had close to 30 at one time for NES, and probably about 20 for SNES.

Mike A

Agent
The X-box is a Christmas present so I can't play it until then.
I'm in the same boat. My gf bought an xbox for my christmas present. I watched her buy it and also had to watch her wrap it and put it under the tree, oh the agony. I tried bribing her, by offering deals like "I'll give you your presents early if I can open the xbox early". No such luck! Oh well, the upside is I am actually really excited about christmas this year. I'm counting the days like I use to do as a kid.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks