I finally did it!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bruno, Oct 21, 2001.

1. Bruno

Bruno Auditioning

Well, I finally bought an HDTV and a Prog. DVD. After three years of holding back my Birthday and Christmas gifts (not to mention convincing the wife...) and reading the posts on this Forum (you guys rule!) every day, I bought a 53 H71 and a RP56. I think I got a decent deal. $2360 w/ tax, delivery and 1 yr. service contract for everything.
    Anyway, other than letting it "cook" for a couple of days and doing AVIA, are there any tricks, service menu adjs. that you guys would recomend? Should I order the service manual or are there links of the web for tweaking without the manual?
    I'm kinda nervious about the purchase, since I bought without seeing the TV and DVD... I hope not to be disapointed.
    I take delivery tommorow morn [​IMG] I know I won't sleep tonight! I think I feel a cold coming... no!...wait... a fever, yeah that's it. I guess I'll have to call in sick [​IMG]
    Bruno

2. John Tyrone

John Tyrone Agent

Congrats on your purchase, I'm just a few days ahead of you. I got an hdtv(toshiba) and the rp56. I was used to my rca 5 disc dvd non-progressive changer before, but I believe the rp56 is absolutely stunning on an hdtv.
    Just pop in Episode I, and watch the pod race, I couldn't believe how rich the colors are, and quite frankly it looks better at home than the theater imo. I had to just smile [​IMG] in amazement with the performance, and I hope you do too...
    John

3. Bruno

Bruno Auditioning

Thanks John! Congrats on your TV. Have you done a service convergence yet? Do you know if there are service manuals posted on the net? I hooked everything up last night. And out of the box cable looked decent. Better than I was expecting. DVDs looked pretty good, and that was with Composite and interlaced non-anamorphic! I can't wait to get some good component cables to see what this baby can do.
    Later!