What's new

I finally did it!! (1 Viewer)

Bruno

Auditioning
Well, I finally bought an HDTV and a Prog. DVD. After three years of holding back my Birthday and Christmas gifts (not to mention convincing the wife...) and reading the posts on this Forum (you guys rule!) every day, I bought a 53 H71 and a RP56. I think I got a decent deal. $2360 w/ tax, delivery and 1 yr. service contract for everything.
Anyway, other than letting it "cook" for a couple of days and doing AVIA, are there any tricks, service menu adjs. that you guys would recomend? Should I order the service manual or are there links of the web for tweaking without the manual?
I'm kinda nervious about the purchase, since I bought without seeing the TV and DVD... I hope not to be disapointed.
I take delivery tommorow morn :) I know I won't sleep tonight! I think I feel a cold coming... no!...wait... a fever, yeah that's it. I guess I'll have to call in sick
wink.gif

Bruno

John Tyrone

Agent
Congrats on your purchase, I'm just a few days ahead of you. I got an hdtv(toshiba) and the rp56. I was used to my rca 5 disc dvd non-progressive changer before, but I believe the rp56 is absolutely stunning on an hdtv.
Just pop in Episode I, and watch the pod race, I couldn't believe how rich the colors are, and quite frankly it looks better at home than the theater imo. I had to just smile
biggrin.gif
in amazement with the performance, and I hope you do too...
John

Bruno

Auditioning
Thanks John! Congrats on your TV. Have you done a service convergence yet? Do you know if there are service manuals posted on the net? I hooked everything up last night. And out of the box cable looked decent. Better than I was expecting. DVDs looked pretty good, and that was with Composite and interlaced non-anamorphic! I can't wait to get some good component cables to see what this baby can do.
Later!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks