I finally deceided...

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by ArthurJ, Sep 3, 2003.

1. ArthurJ

ArthurJ Second Unit

To go with the Paradigm Studio V.3 series...

I went down to the local shop to shoot the $hit with the owner. Extremely cool guy, has been in the business for 25 years and you can learn a lot from him. We even stayed after hours, sat down (they have huge comfortable couches) had a glass of whiskey, listened to music and just talked about audio. He carries Bryston, Anthem, Paradigm, Kef, Denon, Rotel and a few other electronics manufacturers. We auditioned the 20's for a good 2 hours. I don't know what it is, I have auditioned endless amounts of speakers. I am just IN LOVE with the 20's. I prefer them over the 60's. Matched with a good sub I am literally in sonic utopia. Keep in mind these were the V.2's so the V.3's should be even better [​IMG] This is my aspired setup...

Studio 20 V.3 (Front L/R)
    Studio CC-470 V.3 (Center)
    Atoms (Rear L/R)

I fealt by sacrificing the rear L/R and focusing more on my front stage I will get MUCH more out of my system then doing a mediocore all around. I'm not really into multi ch. music listening. So the atoms are only serving for HT duty. I can do all this for $1576 Canadian Tax included, which IMO is an awesome deal. That's 20% off tax included. I am still intrigued by those Axiom M22Ti's, however I think I was more attracted to them for there stereo purposes then anything. I'm still going to order a pair and compare them directly to my Studio 20's. I will more then likely send them back but ya never know.

Anybody know what the V.3 Studio Dipoles go for Canadian? Thanks!

2. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

I would go ahead and order the Axioms... By the way I dont own them myself but I bet you wind up sending the Paridigms back if you get to listen to both a/b in your own setting. Just my hunch....

3. Tim Ranger

Tim Ranger Stunt Coordinator

Make sure you let us know your in-home long term findings. Especially if you compare the Paradigms to the Axioms. And have fun!

4. ArthurJ

ArthurJ Second Unit

Mike, how can you say that if you have heard neither in identical setups? Tim thanks, I will definitly let you guys know how they sound.

5. JohnnyCasaba

JohnnyCasaba Agent

Hello ArthurJ,

Figured I'd post since I have heard both the Studio 20's v3 and the Axiom M22's, although not at the same time and in the same room. If I had to choose between the two and price was no object, my choice would be the Studio 20's, but I will say, neither speaker is my cup of tea. I think if you like the Studio's you should give the Axioms a listen. I'd be interested in your opinions if you do get a chance to A/B these 2 speakers, since I think fans of either one would appreciate the other, just my opinion.

6. TommyL

TommyL Supporting Actor

Any thought at all on the 40's? I have them both (20's and 40's) and prefered the 40's to anything in the line...again, speakers are preferenced by ones own ear...just curious as to why you didn't get the 40's...or what you thought was better.[​IMG] BTW, the digms combined with a good amp will shine...I've had 20 people listen to my setup and they think it sounds great...I do believe the speakers are my weakest link(on paper anyways), and if that is the case..I'll be keepin them..cuz it sounds good to me[​IMG]