What's new

I finally brougth 'em home (1 Viewer)

Kevin G.

Second Unit
I am now the proud owner of the Paradigm Focus and cc270.

Anyway, after a long and drawn out hour and a half of my sales man's time I chose the Focus over the Monitors, Hope I made the right choice, The Focus seemed more spatial and the bass seemed to connect a little more, I busted out my copy of "Texas Flood", and The Eagles " Hell Freezes Over". (I like Live music and it seemed to be the best sonically,)

I expected a little more noticeable difference between the two. I really expected to fall in love with the monitors but the Focus just made me "feel it" y'know

Thanks to everyone that helped in my decision making process,(albeit long and exhausting). Namely, Chris Wiggles, Tom A, John Garcia, and many others whose input helped me in my choice. I feel I am better educated and much more informed than I was 4 months ago...

KEVIN

FeisalK

Screenwriter
oh, noo for the same price you should've gotten the...

heh just kidding :D

congrats on your new Paradigms, and enjoy!

Kevin G.

Second Unit
amazingly enough, the wife didn't even bat an eye that she had to wait for me to listen to two sets of speakers, in fact she encouraged me to spend the extra $$ on the monitors if they were the ones that I felt sounded better.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
:emoji_thumbsup:

The focus are very nice. I still can't rave enough about the performance series. It's the titans that started it all for me. I'll be parting with my monitors soon now, though. :frowning:

But only to upgrade to something way better. :D

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Not sure yet, I will be auditioning Studio 20V3s, B&W CDM1NTs, B&W 705s, Dynaudio audience 52, and 52 SE.

I'm waiting for the 52SEs to get in, and I will see. I'll try to be as objective as I can, but referenced from the sound of the higher-end models, I really hope the dynaudio 52SE are very good. I really love the sound that dynaudios put out, of their higher models anyway. Can't say for sure though, I thought I'd like the B&W 601s better than the digms, but I was wrong. Likely I'll be wrong here too.

I'll post a thorough review of my audition and reasons for choice once I make them, and my tastes/impressions.

Can't rave enough about paradigm though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks