I finally bought a RPTV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sheldon C, Sep 25, 2002.

1. Sheldon C

Sheldon C Second Unit

Well, I was set on getting a Toshiba 65H82 until I saw a Mits 65809 at a local store yesterday. I know the sets probably weren't calibrated and all that, but the Mits looked so much better (clearer, no blurriness) that I changed my mind. I watched a dvd that I brought in on a non progressive scan dvd player and it looked fantastic. The dvd has a standard 4:3 option which I tried to see what the stretch modes looked like and I was very pleased. I didn't like any of the zoom's, but the stretch looked just fine to me. I have never seen a dvd with progressive scan so I am hoping that all of you are right about how much better it is, although it looked great without it too!

Anyway, I bought it for 2999 which includes tax and also delivery. I'm sure that's not the best deal ever, but I'm happy considering that Best Buy sells the stripped down 65 inchers for the same price before taxes. I won't get it delivered until next Friday, this is going to be a very long week and a half.

So did I do good?

2. Jan Strnad

Jan Strnad Screenwriter

OHMIGOD, NOT THE MITSUBISHI 65809!!! Tell me you didn't! I mean, not with the exploding and the flying glass shrapnel and the radioactivity, not to mention the genetic damage!
    Okay, okay...I'm kidding.
    Seriously, congratulations! I'm sure you'll get many, many hours of viewing pleasure from the set. [​IMG]
    Jan

3. Sheldon C

Sheldon C Second Unit

"flying glass shrapnel" - that can be fixed by Avia right?[​IMG]

4. elMalloc

elMalloc Supporting Actor

no, but video essentials handles it.[​IMG]