What's new

I feel the need to express myself... I LOVE ANCHOR BAY!!! (1 Viewer)

M

MaxY

Well I have now checked all three Best Buys near me and no ED II tins. Lots of Halloween 4&5 tins though. :)
Sorry I tried.
Max

rbirk

Stunt Coordinator
I just wish Anchor Bay would support English subtitles. This is a very important feature and many others would really like to have it.

Ron Birk

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I need to come back and say it again
I LOVE ANCHOR BAY! :)
Now if they'd just hurry up on Angel's Egg.... :)
And Warning Sign! It seems Trimark's license is gone, time to release Warning Sign in a big package that looks like a contact lens :)
I know you can do it!

M

MaxY

Oh Oh Oh can I kick Artisan in the butt in this thread for all their recent 4x3 releases of horror movies, the latest of which is a Dracula Movie?

Max

Gregory E

Second Unit
I love Anchor Bay because it seems like they put a real effort into producing their DVDs. I mean, they gave Beastmaster an Anamorphic transfer, DTS-ES sound, cool extras, and great packaging. All for a DVD that cost $12.99. No other studio would have done that. Anchor Bay seems to actually care about what their customers want.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I think we need to declare Anchor Bay Day at the HTF
We can have Anchor Bay themed trivia contests, Wonder what the name of the ship is, have much general bowing :)

Denny_S

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think anybody's mentioned those coooooool DD and DTS trailers AB has started putting on their newer releases. Before that, the only way we got those trailers were on Chinese and other Asian DVDs.
Thumbs :emoji_thumbsup: up again for Anchor Bay!

JackJD

Stunt Coordinator
WOW!

After those scares about AB lawsuits last week, I must breathe a sigh of relief... Thank Goodness. No one deserves a scare like that!

Any way I just picked up Stagefright, Time riders, Trans. 6-5000, Sleuth S.E.(now what to do w/ orig?), and two Herzog's - Kaspar Hauser & Heart of Glass... No time to watch a single one of them (Law School finals...) but... maybe someday... How's the quality of the Herzogs? I am finding it very hard not to tear these open and indulge myself...

Cheers -JD

rbirk

Stunt Coordinator
In my opinion they have low quality on their DVDs. I wish they would support one of the most important features of DVD, English subtitles. Many times they don't even include Close Captions (even though the cover states so). They also release movies that are not anamorphic.

Ron Birk

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
You can add my voice to the chorus of Anchor Bay approvals! I just love how they manage to gather up the unwanted stepchildren of movies that other studios wouldn't touch like Supergirl and Can't Stop The Music and treat them as if they were landmarks in film history.
Do I really have to wait until 2003 for Song Of Norway, Anchor Bay?

James Z

Grip
It's not been mentioned yet but Anchor Bay is also working on an SE of the great and underrated Nicholas Roeg film The Man Who Fell to Earth. I learned this after ordering the Fox/Lorber edition from Columbia House (lol).
FWIW, I think I have as many Anchor Bay DVDs as any of the other bigger studios, which is saying a lot actually. Great, great stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks