What's new

I feel old (and proud) (1 Viewer)

David Susilo

Screenwriter
I'm only 28, but I feel old when my daughter asked me "Daddy, what is cassette?" and I can't even locate a single cassette in the house nor my studio.

We had to go the the Dollar Store so I can buy a blank cassette to show her.

... I love progress.

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
I'm 37, so I feel old when a 28 year old thinks he is old.;)......I mean....I had 8tracks, try to show some of those.
But the best example of what you are talking about is my grandparents' generation. From Lindy's flight, to trips to the moon.......From talkies to dvds. Yowza!

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Oohhh, I've got some 8tracks even though I'm a tad over 30. I have Meatloaf's Bat out of Hell and some Carpenters 8-tracks. I even have a working 8-track player downstairs with two ancient speakers and a record player hooked up to it.
Did you feel really old buying the cassette from the store? :D
Jay

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Uhh, whats an 8-track? :confused: :D
Seriously though, I've never really seen one of these up-close and personal...

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Go to a local radio station and ask to see a "cart"

Dunno if real stations still use them tho

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Carowinds, an amusement park nearby, use to have a section called Smurf Island. A few years back when walking through the park I heard a little girl say "Mommy, what's a smurf?" That was my first experience with feeling old. Then came the time I saw a Playboy centerfold that was younger than me.

I actually find it fun to feel old, though I can say that as I'm still technically a youngin'.

Dan Hine/21

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
Some stations do indeed still use carts.....as do some theaters. I've even found the odd reel to reel......now we are talking old.
My dad used to talk about wire recorders......then there were those smoke signals....:D

David Susilo

Screenwriter
Funny enough, I used to own an 8-track, LP, reel-to-reel (1/4", 1/2", 1" and 2"), Cassette and MD.

Now I exclusively use hard disk for the 24/48 recordings (I have yet to use 24/96) and CD media for day-to-day usage.

TimDoss

Second Unit
Beer stops being age-defying when you wake up the next
morning, but I suppose that can be fixed by not going
to bed and not stopping drinking. Alright, I'm sold...
fountain of youth, here I come!!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Beer, the age defying beverage. I never feel old.
I kid you not, Ron, but people always guess my age wrong--usually ten years younger than I really am. I knew all that beer would pay off! Browsed the Forum last night at home, with a Pacifico in my hand for a few minutes, only to be replaced by a Sapporo tall boy.

You know, if St. Pauli Girl were shipped more carefully to the U.S.--and was thus more consistent--it would be in my Top Five of widely available brews. Do you like St. Pauli Girl, Ron? How about Grolsch?

Woooops. I'm hijacking a thread! Sorry. And, nope, I don't feel "old" for some reason.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Had a few of those expereinces myself-like when people say they can't remember not having a computer, VCR, or the internet. I'm only 25, and remember when we got our first commodore 64 (in 1985) with a casette drive, and out first VCR (in 1982 for $1000).
My fiancee's only 21 though, and as Groucho Marx said: "A man is only as young as the woman he feels":)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks