What's new

I feel like such a dunce! (1 Viewer)

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
hehe ok so tonight my wife and I decide to sit down and watch Monsters Inc, had never watched it on my system since I replaced everything. So I pop it in and decide I'm gonna sit down and run the THX optimizer first for the hell of it and see how close to properly calibrated I had my TV, wasnt too bad actually for eyeballing everything on the set. Few minor changes here and there and in the process I accidentally hit the mute button for the TV no biggie I dont use the TV sound neways. So I get the lights off and start the movie and bam closed captions......I'm like what the F***????? so I go through all my menus, CC is off on the TV subtitles are off on the DVD player and still right there in front of me are the CC's so I'm like well maybe its just another problem like Sweet Home Alabama so I pull it out tell my wife I'll call Disney tomorow and we decide to pop in Romeo & Juliet. I start the movie and bam there they are again the damn Closed Captions now I'm really getting pissed cuz I know that I've watched this movie before and never had this problem. At this point I'm getting quite frustrated then Voila it finally comes to me. I'd accidentally muted the TV and with Panasonics it automatically turns on the CC's when the TV's muted so you can still know whats going on so I unmute the TV and bam they're gone! GOD I FELT LIKE SUCH A DORK!!!!! hehe oh well at least I know the problem next time:) hehe btw my wife laughed at me profusely:) hehe for those of you that own a Panasonic TV and use it as a monitor only dont let yourself become your wifes next joke to laugh about:) hehe.

Adam Horak

Stunt Coordinator
Don't feel too stupid. When I bought my current reciever about a year ago, I couldn't get the damn thing to produce any sound whatsoever. Had all of my conncections checked, made sure nothing was muted. Went through every possible menu setting I could find, I couldn't get any sound. I was about to send the thing back when it dawned on me that I never turned the volume up. :rolleyes

Things like this happen to the best of us! :)

Dan D Burke

Agent
And on the opposite end of the scale, I didn't know that the volume control was in -numbers. When I turned on my new reciever I saw it was set at -35 and thought I won't be able to hear anything at that level so I cranked it up to +15, popped in a CD and hit play. I am know getting my hearing back.:)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Things like this happen to the best of us!
That's true, with anything, the most obvious answers are always overlooked.

Dan,
I hear ya (No pun intended :D). When I rewired my system, I was trying to listen to my tv through the receiver...There was no sound coming out so I cranked it to see if I could hear anything...then I realized I didn't have the correct input selected on the receiver. So I switched inputs (without first adjusting the volume) :b Man did I scare the crap out of myself!

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
my wife the other night got her payback she turned the volume the wrong way and got it up to about -10 in less than a second trying to turn it down, luckily not loud enough to damage anything but scared the crap out of her:) hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks