What's new

I feel like a traitor... (1 Viewer)

Stu Rosen

Second Unit
I'm as big an XM booster as I know - I have 6 radios on my account (1 Inno, 1 XMPCR, 2 Roadys, 1 SkyFi, 1 built-in in my new car). I've been a happy subscriber for almost 3 years, and I'm not going anywhere.

I'm a Stern fan and I've missed him, but not enough to ditch my beloved XM. Not even close to enough. I've tried O&A, and sorry, the show doesn't work for me. But, I have very little time for morning radio, so you just move on.

Imagine my reaction when Sirius announced today a pure online membership.

So, I signed up - $12.95 for a month, and I figure I can always cancel.

I have to say, I feel like a spy in the house of Sirius, and a traitor to XM. It's just plain odd hearing Stern again, though in some ways, I feel like I just walked in on the same jackass conversation I left in December 2005.

Not sure I'm going to stay with it - It feels more like a visit than a homecoming. More than anything, it feels like I'm listening to something I shouldn't be listening to. We'll see how it goes.

Brent T

Second Unit
Nothing wrong with supporting both !!!

Its great for satellite radio anytime either one of these companies get a new subscriber.

Tim_Stack

Second Unit
Welcome back! Things haven't changed much - Beetlejuice will be on next week I hear. But I got a problem with Sirius - since the change on Monday, their streamer doesn't work on my Mac - doh! Gotta send a complaint e-mail.

RomanSohor

Second Unit
Don't feel too bad. Anthony from O&A just bought a new Mustang and Sirius was installed at the factory :)

Big Dog

Auditioning
Real Name
Rick
I am LOVING my Sirius Internet Radio. It only costs me 2.99 a month since I was already a Sirius subscriber.

Virtual CD quality sound at 128k. I'm also an XM subscriber, but I have to admit that SIR blows away XM's 64k stream. Not just the double bitrate, but also SIR has virtually no sound "artifacts".

The XM stream has an annoying level of artifacts, though the level does fluctuate. Sometimes the sound is acceptable, at other times it's hard to listen for long.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks