What's new

i feel like a new man, all because.... (1 Viewer)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i got a haircut. call me crazy, but i feel so much more energetic and motivated after i get a haircut. and the longer i neglect the haircut, the more motivated i am. i cleaned out our attic, i did a bunch of errands i was putting off, i ran 9 miles (usually run 5) and i feel like i am looking for the next thing to accomplish! am i nuts, or does anyone else feel this way about getting their hair cut?

CJ

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
And by "haircut" you mean, oh, I don't know... Something else, maybe?

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
I'm like Samson, my strength is in my hair. Women check me out more when I've got long hair compared to the spikey look I sometimes go for. :D

Now if I can only make it through the Summer without cutting it!

Cam S

Screenwriter
Glad you enjoyed your haircut! Me on the other hand, I had my hair BUTCHERED today! The lady was cutting my hair on the sides. Above my right ear she slipped and cut ALL the way down to the skin, man, now I have a huge bald spot on the side of my head. How the hell am I gonna see clients with this spot on my head, holy hell this sucks :angry:

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I always know when I need a haircut after I look in the mirror in the morning and see Henry Jekyll in mid transformation looking back at me, after letting out a shriek of horror I'm ready for my haircut.

Jeez, Christ you know you're right, I do feel like a new man after, there's even a spring in my step when I'm walking, and when I'm chatting to people I turn my head slowly and more theatrically. I'm naturally hairy but I hate facial hair, no beards, goatees or mustaches for me. I do have gorgeous hairy legs though and [STOP THAT IT'S SILLY!].:D

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor
Cam S.... just mow the rest of the mop down. It will grow back! :D

I too feel better after a hair cut... not going to run no stinkin 9 miles... that is why I have a car ;)

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Hell yeah! After a hair cut I feel strong, quick, alive and clean!:D When Im overdue I feel slow, disgusting, and greasy. :frowning: Definately makes the difference for me. :emoji_thumbsup:

Luis S

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I trim my hair myself with one of those electric trimmers. I'll do the back with a #2 (i.e. Very Short...almost peach fuzz) and I LOVE the feeling afterwards. Just touching it feels like velvet and I almost get chills running down my spine.

Anyone else feel more sensitive when they get a haircut?

Luis S

Supporting Actor

Um am I the only one who kinda chuckled at this one? :laugh: Its cool Mark,after a good haircut I like to touch myself too. :D

Luis S

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I know what you are saying CR, I usually buzz my head with a #2 and go to the haircut place to clean up my neck and around my ears. It's amzing what a a haircut will do.

It's kind of like your car running better after you just washed and waxed it. I know it doesn't but it sure seems like it does.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
a #2? ha! i laugh at all of you. :) i go with a 1/2 - now that's smooth and silky! my girlfriend loves it right after i get my haircut. ;)

i can't go more then about 3 weeks without getting it cut. it gets all unwieldy and drives me nuts.

i'm pretty anal about my hair. i've been going to the same gal for the past 5 years. needless to say she knows exactly how i like it done. since i moved it's sort of a hassle to visit her (every 2-3 weeks) cuz she's about 35 minutes away - but it's so worth it.

funny -- i cheated on her for the first time a few weeks ago...bad mistake. i'll never do it again.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
I get energised too after a buzz job (just last Friday, in fact). A clean-n-tidy fade cut (or "high and tight" as a buddy calls it): #1 on the sides, & just trim the top please. And as I have to tell new barbers, don't touch the sideburns, I'll trim their length at home! I have had two people whack my three inch 'burns in half because they thought they were too long!! Arrrgh!

Anyway, I just feel more efficient or sleek or something like that and my general outlook is better. And anyway, my baseball caps fit better too (and when I get employed again, I'll be able to finish my hocky lessons--my helmet fits better too. Jeez, hockey is such an e-x-p-e-n-s-i-v-e sport!!! You Northern guys are so lucky to have frozen ponds, etc. to practice on....FREE frozen ponds!).

LJ

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
Jeez, hockey is such an e-x-p-e-n-s-i-v-e sport
hopefully youre not a goalie. when i was growing up, my goalie friends spent at least double what i spent on equipment. although i didnt grow out of much equipment, at age 13 i was 5'9", and now at age 25, i'm at 5'9" still. ive exactly doubled in weight though. however, being 160 lbs now, i was indeed a toothpick at 80 lbs. however, i was the fastest guy on the team then, as i am now :) all your fault lance, you brought up hockey! anyway, i'm glad to see i'm not the only one who feels fresher after getting a haircut. i didnt quite run the 9 miles today like i did the day of the haircut, perhaps i should go for another trim.

CJ

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
a #2? ha! i laugh at all of you. i go with a 1/2 - now that's smooth and silky! my girlfriend loves it right after i get my haircut.
Last summer I had it at no gaurd and did it once this year but I think I am getting too old(28) to have my head shaved that close. Plus, I don't think a lot women like it that short, at least that was my impression. A #2 gives me the shaved look and it's not to nutty(might go with #1 today), but next time I go to the river it will go down to a no gaurd cause at #2 my head got fried.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
but I think I am getting too old(28) to have my head shaved that close
Jeremiah: Hell, I'm 38 and I think my fade with a #1 looks kewl! Though my "coffeehouse" sideburns keep me from looking like a wannabe Marine. So ignore the peer pressure & let your spirit go free! :D Though you're right about the women thing: most seem to prefer thick, longish hair. And wavy or curly hair seems to really get them all ooohing & aahing.

Christ: Nope, not a goalie. I'm a total beginner. I know how to shoot pucks O.K. but need the "strategy" and "advanced hockey skating" lessons badly. :frowning:. Wow, hockey is soooo fun (I've played some casual "pick-up" games with guys at the rink that knew I was learning). I know one thing though: no more CCM skates. Mine ($236 Pro Taks from 1997) chatter a lot during hard stops. This actually kind of hurts my ankles/feet. I'm going to try some Bauers next time, though because of my wide feet I have to special-order them (i.e. big $$$ & no discounts).

O.K. hockey mode "off"! :)

LJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks