What's new

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Target is doing a buy 2 get one on movies this week. This set is eligible for the deal too.

I cancelled my preorder with Amazon and may order it using the target sale. There’s a few other preorder titles I would like to pick up.

I will buy this set.

Correction preorders are no longer eligible.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Some sources are reporting that the I Dream of Jeannie: 15 Years Later reunion movie is on the new Blu-Ray set!

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=339132&page=22

UPDATE: I took this screen capture of the disc from Cereal at Midnight's youtube review, and you can clearly see the reunion is a bonus on the first disc!!

cereal2.png

Last edited:

dukiejosh54

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Josh
Some sources are reporting that the I Dream of Jeannie: 15 Years Later reunion movie is on the new Blu-Ray set!

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=339132&page=22

UPDATE: I took this screen capture of the disc from Cereal at Midnight's youtube review, and you can clearly see the reunion is a bonus on the first disc!!

View attachment 119874
Glad it's included but it also means they crammed another hour and half on a disc that was already pretty full..that's Mill Creek for you lol.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Glad it's included but it also means they crammed another hour and half on a disc that was already pretty full..that's Mill Creek for you lol.

If that be the case (that one of the reunions was a bonus), then why would Heath of Cereal at Midnight say there were no bonuses?

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
If the theme songs are correct and restored for all the seasons, I'll grab this. But I doubt that's the case. I still can't believe that the main theme used for *most* of the episodes on dvd has that splice that destroys the pace of the song (In Don Martin terms, at the titles instead of "Ya-daa, yat-dat-da-da, dat-da, daa", It's "Ya-daa, yat-dat-da/da, daa")! Only one or two episodes have that version of theme play completely. There's also a couple episodes on the original dvds that have fluttery soundtracks, like dragging film. That would be nice to have fixed as well.

The one episode with the baby crying really loud the whole time? I'll always skip that one! That's a thing I can't take, especially in sitcoms where the trope is that the baby crying is supposed to be funny-- it's not. It is stress-inducing and triggering. I always avoid the baby crying episodes of any show.
I believe the transfers are straight up from the HD versions of IDOJ that have been airing on TV in the last few years. What you see there (Including whatever opening themes were used for said transfers!) should be what you get on the Blu-ray Discs.

CHEERS! :)

Last edited:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
What puzzles me is why would they put a "15 years later" reunion special on the *first* disc? You'd think that would be better as a bonus on the last disc of any season, especially the last disc of the set. I'd *never* watch that while watching S1.

Or (OT) in the case of Knight Rider 2000, why that 1991 reunion would be at the bottom of the first go, and not at the end of the series.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
What puzzles me is why would they put a "15 years later" reunion special on the *first* disc? You'd think that would be better as a bonus on the last disc of any season, especially the last disc of the set. I'd *never* watch that while watching S1.
Compression issues with Seasons 3- 5 already having 13 episodes per disc, perhaps?

Weird choice, nevertheless!

ScottRE

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
This release is just kind of a disappointingly weird, lazy mess. Considering how compressed the Mill Creek DVDs were, this will be a jump in quality from that. However, with the compression in the back 3 seasons, how much better will they be than the Sony releases?

I know Mill Creek is a budget outfit and we're lucky they release classic shows a all, but this could have been much better with just a little more effort. Or any effort.

Tommy R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tommy
Pretty cool that the 15 Years Later thing is included. I bought the individual release of that years ago and it’s very nice. Would have been cool to have the OTHER one, called “I Still Dream of Jeannie”, so as to have a complete collection, but I wasn’t expecting either.

My copy is in the mail and on the way from BestBuy.com!

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Cereal at Midnight probably just overlooked it, as he had just literally unboxed the set.

True-- when you are just at that moment in receipt of something you've purchased (or given for review), it's easy to overlook aspects that you didn't know about.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Has it been confirmed that the reunion movie will be in SD?
Not exactly. Cereal at Midnight just posted his review video and he says it doesn’t look HD, but he’s not a techie type so he can’t quote any actual specs. I’m supposed to get mine on Thursday, but it hasn’t even shipped yet. I’ll be able to tell exactly what resolution is on the disc. My guess is that it will be either 480i or a 720 or 1080 upscale, but definitely not HD.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Just was watching the further review of this new Jeannie Blu, and Heath (Cereal at Midnight) said that the bonus that was billed as on the first disc is actually on the second disc-- threw me for a loop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tskogg
Recent bookmarks