What's new

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
IMHO that BR release isn't worth the box in which it's packaged. Outside that it's not in true HD there are just too many issues to make it a viable purchase. You're better off with MC's DVD release, which isn't that good either. If you're a fan you want one of the Sony releases (either as individual seasons or their complete series set). This is one release where MC went back to their practices of when they did those huge PD releases with questionable PQ.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
And unless all the issues have been corrected (very highly unlikely) then it's still overpriced by around $39 (basically they should pay you to take one).

Agreed. I saw the coupon too.

I just can’t do it now after reading all of the issues with the transfers and the discs.

Very disappointed.

brynmill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
mark bale
Still nothing on Barbara Eden's official FB page which has been promoting the Blu set (with optional signed copies) about the quality of the product

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
The PQ is what it is, but I would at least appreciate a fix for the awful sound issue on "Help! Help! A Shark!"
Agreed while its disappointing that Mill Creek was not given new HD masters and we got 1080i they are still improvements over the DVD sets. The Mill Creek DVD set like nearly all their DVD sets were pretty horrible with compression issues. I have found the majority of Mill Creeks Blu Ray sets to be either good or acceptable. I have done side by side comparisons with the Sony DVD's and the black and white season offers about a 15% improvement but the color seasons offer about a 25% improvement. The DVD's have slightly dull colors in comparison to the blu rays. The sound issue on Help Help A Shark is bad but I will just keep my Season 5 DVD for that episode so its not that big of a deal to me. The picture quality improvement while not as good as it could have been is still worth it to me. I have also compared the DVD's to the new Blu Rays for Andy Griffith Show and they are only about 10% more improvement than Jeannie since they used old HD masters. That set lacks subtitles after Season 1 and costs nearly twice as much. But if you like the shows I feel both are worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliwilliams12
Recent bookmarks