I Dream of Jeannie s.2

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by David*P, Apr 24, 2006.

1. David*P

David*P Supporting Actor

David
    TVShowsonDVD.com just posted that a rumor is flying around that the Second Season of IDOJ is scheduled for July 11! I can hardly wait as it has such great episodes and the series really begins to become what we all remember.

The Second Season brought many changes for the show. First and foremost, it was the first season to be broadcast in color. Secondly the theme song changed to the one composed by Hugo Montenegro which is always associated with the series. Thirdly the designs on Jeannie's bottle changed from being gold leaves to the color arches design. And the last thing that comes to mind is the change in Jeannie's genie outfit which is that she now wears a pink bra covered by a bolo jacket whereas before it was just a one piece thing up top.

The Second Season also has my favorite IDOJ episode, which happens to be the season opener "Happy Anniversary" where we meet the Blue Djinn (played Barbara Eden's real life husband at the time, Michael Ansara), the being responsible for imprisoning Jeannie in the first place.

2. JohnMor

JohnMor Producer

John Moreland
    I love "The Fastest Gun in the East" as well as the pirate and Napoleon eps. And "Always on Sunday" when we got to see Jeannie in the green outfit that would eventually become her sister's.

Hopefully, this means (if true) that BEWITCHED S4 will be along a week or so later...

3. David*P

David*P Supporting Actor

David
    So JohnMor actually posted this over in the BW s.3 thread but the IDOJ s.2 release date (according to info given about Sony releases over at the DVDtalk forum) seems to be moved up to July 4! That's pretty cool!

I thought we should discuss the episodes that make up Season Two.

Ep.#31:"Happy Anniversary" Original Airdate (since we know that won't be included on the set): 9/12/1966 - Jeannie wants to celebrate the one year anniversary of Tony finding her in the bottle and she wants to celebrate it on the very same beach. In fact, she wants to recreate the moment but Tony brushes it off wanting to know what type of anniversary is that anyway? Besides the fact he's got go up on a space flight. Not one to have her wishes denied Jeannie makes Tony crash land on the island again! He knows what she is up to and is furious. He finds what he thinks is her bottle and instead of pink smoke coming out he finds blue. And instead of Jeannie appearing Tony finds that he has another genie on his hands, the Blue Djinn, and this genie is quite tempermental! As luck would have it the Blue Djinn is the one that stuffed Jeannie into her bottle two thousand years ago when she refused to marry him. Later on he was imprisoned in his own bottle and over the centuries has become quite angry and vowed to destroy whomever opened the bottle. In his confrontation with the Blue Djinn, Tony stumbles on Jeannie's bottle and unleashes her thinking she can over power the Blue Djinn...but he's wrong! Instead they both must outwit the Blue Djinn whom they inventually trap in Tony's vacuum cleaner which Jeannie drops to the bottom of the sea. They are then left to celebrate their anniversary in peace and quiet..or so they think!

As I said before I LOVE this episode!

#32:"Always on Sunday" 9/19/1966 - Jeannie thinks Tony works too hard and therefore makes every day Sunday, the original day of rest. During once scene when Jeannie is going to leave she pops out of her bottle in the blue-green outfit that would later become the outfit worn by her evil twin sister, Jeannie II.

#33:"My Master, the Rich Tycoon" 9/26/1966 - Jeannie answers the door to a visitor, Henry Huggins, while Tony is indisposed. As they wait for Major Nelson Mr. Huggins makes snide remarks about Tony's furniture and insinuates that Tony is not even up to par with middle class citizens. Jeannie, having none of this, blinks up antiques, fine art and a safe of money. When Tony finally does meet Mr. Huggins it's revealed that Mr. Huggins is from the IRS! Which means Tony is in trouble for not revealing his high priced valuables. Paul Lynde, familiar to TV audiences as the wise-cracking Uncle Arthur on Bewitched, makes his first appearance on IDOJ as Mr. Huggins.

#34:"My Master, the Rainmaker" 10/3/1966 - When Tony learns Jeannie can control the weather he wishes for snow just to see how far her powers can go. She can do it, and does as Dr. Bellows is walking up to the door.

#35:"My Wild Eyed Master" 10/10/1966 - Jeannie tries to give her master perfect vision when he is to take a very important vision test. Unfortunately she gives him x-ray vision which befuddles Dr. Bellows.

#36:"What's New, Poodle Dog?" 10/17/1966 - Roger sets up Tony on a date and when he comes to tell Tony about it a jealous Jeannie turns Roger into a poodle. In his new dog form Roger gets taken to the pound and Tony must rescue him without knowing what type of dog he is looking for. This episode marks the first appearance of Amanda Bellows (Emmaline Henry).

#37:"Fastest Gun in the East" 10/24/1966 - While watching a TV western Tony flippantly states how he would've liked to visit the Old West. Jeannie makes it so. This was the first episode of the series to be filmed in color and by the way Barbara Eden's hair and makeup are done you can totally tell as they look very first season.

#38:"How to Be a Genie in 10 Easy Lessons" 10/31/1966 - Tony is tired of all the problems Jeannie's magic has caused. Roger suggests he have her read "The Tales of the Arabian Nights" as he is under the impression that the genies in those stories did whatever their masters bid. Tony demands the Jeannie read it and follow it to a 'T' without realizing that the genies in those stories tortured their masters.

#39:"Who Needs a Green Eyed Jeannie?"11/7/1966 - When Tony tries to go out on a date the ever jealous Jeannie prevents it by blinking him in his own little jail cell in the middle of his living room. When he convinces her that he had actually been going to see a sick friend she releases him only to find out that he was going on a date and she immediately turns his date into a chimp!

#40:"The Girl Who Never Had a Birthday (1)" 11/14/1966 - Jeannie realizes that she does not know when her own birthday is and this makes her quite unhappy. So unhappy that she actually begins to fade away! Tony realizes he must find when her birthday is or risk losing her forever. He is in luck as NASA has just acquired a new computer named ERIC and Tony thinks that he'll use it to find the date. Unfortunately the use of ERIC is strictly prohibited to official use and when Dr. Bellows finds that Tony is using to find some sort of date he puts a stop to it! To be continued...

#41:"The Girl Who Never Had a Birthday (2)" 11/21/1966 - With Jeannie disappearing more and more and Tony in trouble for using ERIC Roger tries to find the date on ERIC when noone is watching. He finds the date and before he can tell Jeannie and Tony he is shipped off on a mission to Alaska. Tony throws a party for Jeannie anyway which pleases her very much but she still doesn't know her real birthday!

#42:"How Do You Beat Superman?" - 11/28/1966 - When Jeannie decides Tony doesn't pay her any attention she blinks up a fake boyfriend named Tony Millionaire. At first the ruse works until Tony sees her blink the fake boyfriend in.

#43:"My Master, the Great Caruso" - 12/5/1966 - Jeannie gives Tony the voice of a great tenor and when Dr. Bellows hears him sing he submits his name to the NASA talent show...after Jeannie has taken back the voice. This episode is also where Jeannie's birthdate is finally revealed to be...well, you'll just have to watch to find out![​IMG]

#44:"The World's Greatest Lover" 12/12/1966 - When Roger experiences a slump in dating Jeannie makes him into the most desirable man in the world...including Mrs. Bellows!

#45:"Jeannie Breaks the Bank" 12/19/1966 - Tony and Roger are going to go in on a boat together and just as the bank is about to deny his application for a loan Jeannie blinks in about $3,000,000.00 into his account. Of course, Dr. Bellows happens to be at the bank at the same time and hears the commotion over the new found money and he then demands to know where Tony came by all that money on an astronaut's salary. This episode gives us a chance to see Tony's house as it was during the first season as the sets are the same.

#46:"My Master, the Author" 12/26/1966 - When Tony suggests to a bored Jeannie that she write a book, she does, about motherhood but she decides to use Tony's name..and the book is published! Dr. Bellows and General Peterson decide to have Tony help them cure their troubled nephew and neice. The Jeannie doll by Libby that was on the market at this time is seen in this episode.

#47:"Greatest Invention in the World" 1/9/1967 - After spilling grease on himself Tony wishes it away and Jeannie complies only too well. She makes the fabric indestructible and Dr. Bellows wants to know how it was done.

#48:"My Master, the Spy" 1/16/1967 - When Jeannie and Tony have lunch in Paris Tony is photographed by Paris officials and Dr. Bellows thinks there is a spy at NASA pretending to be Tony when Jeannie blinks in a double.

#49:"You Can't Arrest Me... I Don't Have a Driver's License" 1/23/1967 - Tony is in trouble when Jeannie takes his car out for a spin and heads the wrong way down a one way street causing a traffic jam.

#50:"One of Our Bottles is Missing" 1/30/1967 - Amanda Bellows requests that a copy of Jeannie's bottle be made for herself as she desires one for her living room. Jeannie decides to surprise her master by going down to the glass shop, slipping into her bottle so that when he picks it up and brings it home she'll smoke out. Unfortunately the copy and the original are mixed up and Jeannie ends up at the Bellows' home! It turns out the Bellows' happen to live at Samantha and Darrin Stephens place as the same set is used for their house.

#51:"My Master, the Civilian 2/6/1967 - Roger and Jeannie look into the future to see what will happen if Tony accepts a new assignment which would take him to Ohio. It turns out his life will be really great there and they fear that Tony will have no room for them in his life so when he finds that he would be able to see the future, Jeannie shows him an alternate version.

#52:"There Goes the Best Genie I Ever Had" 2/20/1967 - Jeannie reveals that it's Hadji Day which means that unhappy masters can get rid of their genies permanently. This show incorporates many flash backs none of which came from the first season as Tony recalls all the many jams Jeannie has got him into.

#53:"The Greatest Entertainer in the World" 2/27/1967 - When Tony is put in charge of a celebration for General Petersen he is at a loss for what to do for entertainment. Jeannie overhears that General Petersen really enjoys Sammy Davis Jr. so she blinks him in much to his bewilderment.

#54:"The Incredible Shrinking Master" 3/6/1967 - Jeannie accidentally shrinks Tony who finds himself the prey of a hungry cat.

#55:"My Master, the Pirate" 3/13/1967 - Jeannie blinks herself and Tony back to a pirate ship where one of his relatives happens to be held hostage. If he's not able to save her he may not ever be born! Barbara Eden said on the Screen Gems Network that this episode was her favorite as they got to shoot most of the episode out of the studio.

#56:"A Secretary Is Not a Toy" 3/20/1967 - Jeannie becomes in General Petersen's secretary in the hopes that she can put a good word in for Tony and make him a general.

#57:"There Goes the Bride" 3/27/1967 - Jeannie finds a spell that will make Tony fall in love with her thereby granting her wish to be married to him.

#58:"My Master, Napoleon's Buddy" 4/3/1967 - Jeannie blinks herself and her master back to the time of Napoleon Bonaparte. Tony believes he can help Napoleon's future by telling him of the mistakes he would make and then finds himself thrown in prison.

#59:"The Birds and the Bees Bit" 4/10/1967 - When Tony reads in an ancient book that genies will lose their powers if married to a mortal he instantly proposes to Jeannie who is at first delighted but then saddened at the thought of losing her powers.

#60:"My Master, the Swinging Bachelor"4/17/1967 - Tony tries to have a nice dinner date with the Bellows', Roger and his date and a date of his own who is not Jeannie. When Jeannie finds this out she blinks in a cake that happens to make whoever eats it act much younger.

#61:"The Mod Party" 4/24/1967 - Roger and Tony are going to throw a mod party with all their friends but then find that they are expected to attend a boring meeting at NASA. They wheedle their way out of it and the party is going good until Amanda Bellows overhears Jeannie in a shop mentioning the groovy party that is happening.

4. David*P

David*P Supporting Actor

David
    TVShowsonDVD.com just posted the news about the official release and it is on July 11. They also had some cool cover art.

5. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

Well that didn't take long! I wish all shows would get to season 2 this fast.

6. Michael Alden

Michael Alden Supporting Actor

I like this show but my only beef with it is that NBC told Screen Gems they could only keep one show for the 1967 fall season and since IDOJ had 2 years in, they cancelled Occasional Wife, one of my favorite shows.

7. Michael Rogers

Michael Rogers Supporting Actor

I hope Bewitched's fourth season's not far behind IDOJ

8. FrancisP

FrancisP Screenwriter

For me, the second season is when the show hit its stride. The first season was trial and error. The second season was wild and wacky.

The one thing that bothers me is the price. You have 30 episodes in the first season and 31 in the second. Yet the second season is $10 more and there are no supplements. That seems way overpriced and I hope that it doesn't hurt sales. But then what should I expect from a company like Sony?

9. JohnMor

JohnMor Producer

John Moreland
    I hope that the eps look as good visually as the BW S3 eps did. Let's hope that all remaining seasons of both series look as good!

10. David*P

David*P Supporting Actor

David
    Two weeks from tomorrow we get Season Two and I was thinking that for some of those episodes it will be the first time we get to see them unedited as some of them were released as part of the Columbia House collection.

The episodes that haven't been released before are as follows:

#32:"Always on Sunday"
    #33:"My Master, the Rich Tycoon"
    #37:"Fastest Gun in the East"
    #38:"How to Be a Genie in 10 Easy Lessons"
    #42:"How Do You Beat Superman?"
    #43:"My Master, the Great Caruso" (it's really odd that this episode and the one preceding were never released considering they were part of a four episode story arc concerning the date of Jeannie's birthday which is revealed in this episode.
    #46:"My Master, the Author"
    #49:"You Can't Arrest Me... I Don't Have a Driver's License"
    #51:"My Master, the Civilian"
    #53:"The Greatest Entertainer in the World"
    #55:"My Master, the Pirate"
    #56:"A Secretary Is Not a Toy"
    #57:"There Goes the Bride"
    #58:"My Master, Napoleon's Buddy"
    #59:"The Birds and the Bees Bit"

And I agree, John. I hope these episodes simply sparkle in terms of the visual experience.

11. Michael Rogers

Michael Rogers Supporting Actor

I'm waiting to see the scene that I know was cut because of the jump in music in the Sammy Davis Jr. episode.

Tony goes out to find Sammy and they have one of those transitions that goes to an exterior shot (the hotel where Sammy is, I think) and I know something is missing in between. The edit was in the same place in older versions but done in a cruder way.

Anybody know the scene that was cut?

12. ChrisCook

ChrisCook Screenwriter

13. Michael Alden

Michael Alden Supporting Actor

The guy who does the review posts the running times with one episode at 24:15 and several others under 25 and says they're unedited? I doubt it. In 1966 when this ran, almost all shows had a uniform running time within seconds. If anything is as much as 20 seconds shorter you can be sure something is missing.

14. David*P

David*P Supporting Actor

David
    Thanks for posting the review!

As far as that episode with the 24:15 time goes, we'll be able to compare that with the version on the Columbia House tapes (it is "What's New Poodle Dog"). There is another episode that seems a little short on time "My Master, the Spy" which is also on the tapes...unfortunately we won't be able to compare the other short episode "My Master, the Pirate".

15. JohnMor

JohnMor Producer

John Moreland
    Nothing may be cut at all. The Bewitched S3 set was slightly time sped, which you can tell from the soundtrack, and I'm willing to bet that this may be another case of the same.

16. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

Hey, David*P, I was wondering, with the "cut ep" talk, were there any cuts with the S1 set? I'm about halfway through the set and I don't notice any cuts.

17. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Cinematographer

Here are episode descriptions of the episodes:

I Dream of Jeannie: Happy Anniversary
    In the first episode of I Dream of Jeannie's second season--and the first to be filmed in color--Jeannie (Barbara Eden) arranges a sentimental journey for herself and her master Tony (Larry Hagman) on the desert island where they first met one year ago. This time, however, the ancient bottle that Tony stumbles upon contains the evil Blue Djinn (played by Barbara Eden's then husband Michael Ansara), who'd imprisoned Jeannie in her bottle 2000 years ago--and who is forsworn to kill the girl's new master! ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I Dream of Jeannie: My Master, the Great Caruso
    Jeannie (Barbara Eden) uses her magic to give Tony (Larry Hagman) the singing voice of the immortal Enrico Caruso. Upon hearing Tony sing, General Peterson (Barton MacLane) enters him in a NASA talent show. Unfortunately, just before this happens, Tony has ordered Jeannie to "remove" Caruso's voice once and for all--and Jeannie, of course, always follows orders, especially at the least opportune moment! ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I Dream of Jeannie: How Do You Beat Superman?
    Fed up with Tony's football obsession, Jeannie creates a "second" Tony (played by Mike Road, best known as the voice of Race Bannon on the animated Jonny Quest) in order to make her master jealous. This creation, a wealthy and handsome bon vivant named Tony Millionaire, goes so far as to propose marriage, which Jeannie accepts, certain that the real Tony will step in and claim her for himself. However, things don't quite go according to schedule... ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I Dream of Jeannie: The Girl Who Never Had a Birthday, Part 2
    In the conclusion of a two-part story, the melancholy Jeannie (Barbara Eden) continues to fade into nothingness because she doesn't know the date of her birthday. In desperation, Tony (Larry Hagman) tries to contact Roger (Bill Daily), the only person who does know the crucial date--and who has been transferred to an isolated outpost in Alaska. The trick is to prevent the suspicious Dr. Bellows (Hayden Rorke) from figuring out what is going on...which may prove impossible when, through a fluke, several historical characters begin making "guest" appearances. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I Dream of Jeannie: Who Needs a Green Eyed Jeannie?
    Jealous Jeannie has promised not to interfere with Tony's social life, but she breaks that promise when she finds out that Tony (Larry Hagman) is planning to meet his old girlfriend Joan (Joan Patrick). In a snit, Jeannie transforms Joan into a chimpanzee, hoping that this will teach her Master a lesson. What Jeannie doesn't know is that Joan is married to a vicious mobster named Two Gun Richards (Ted De Corsia), a fact that will determine the riotous outcome of the story! ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I Dream of Jeannie: Fastest Gun in the East
    Tony (Larry Hagman) has GOT to learn not to reveal his innermost desires to Jeannie (Barbara Eden). Case in point: When Tony expresses a wish that he could have lived in the old west, Jeannie transports him back to the 19th century frontier town of Gopher Gulch--and makes him sheriff to boot.Unfortunately, the town is overrun with rustlers, who aim to fill Sheriff Tony full of lead. At least this episode affords us the opportunity to see Barbara Eden in a fetchingly low-cut saloon girl outfit...and yes, that's Hoyt Axton, playing one of the bad guys. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I Dream of Jeannie: The World's Greatest Lover
    Roger (Bill Daily) is down in the dumps over his inability to attract girls. Helpful Jeannie (Barbara Eden) casts a spell whereby Roger will be irresistible to the opposite sex. Unfortunately, this brings Roger in too-close contact with the daughter (Julie Gregg) of a Mafia boss--to say nothing of the wife of his perennial nemesis Dr. Bellows (Hayden Rorke). With this episode, Emmaline Henry makes her first appearance as Mrs. Amanda Bellows. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I Dream of Jeannie: Jeannie Breaks the Bank
    Tony (Larry Hagman) wants to buy a boat with Roger (Bill Daily), but the bank turns down his request for a loan. Hoping to help out, Jeannie magically deposits a huge sum in Tony's bank account--six million dollars, to be exact! Will this financial windfall finally give Dr. Bellows (Hayden Rorke) positive proof that there's something mighty strange going on in the Nelson household? ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I Dream of Jeannie: My Master, the Author
    Jeannie (Barbara Eden) writes a book about how to be a perfect mother. To conceal her magical identity, Jeannie signs the volume with the name of her master, Tony (Larry Hagman). Suspicious Dr. Bellows (Hayden Rorke) forces Tony to prove his authorship by putting the luckless astronaut in charge of two bratty children (one of whom is none other than "Eddie Munster", aka Butch Patrick). ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I Dream of Jeannie: Always on Sunday
    Tennis star Pancho Segura makes a guest appearance in this episode, the plot of which predates Ground Hog Day by nearly three decades. When Tony (Larry Hagman) shows signs of working too hard, helpful Jeannie (Barbara Eden) arranges a long rest for her master, by changing every day into Sunday. Thing of it is, only Tony is aware that the entire world is reliving the same day, over and over...and it's driving him bonkers! ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I Dream of Jeannie: My Master, the Rich Tycoon
    Paul Lynde guests stars as IRS agent Harry Huggins, who knocks on the door of the Nelson household while Tony (Larry Hagman) is elsewhere. In a misguided attempt to impress Huggins, Jeannie (Barbara Eden) magically conjures up several rooms full of valuable furniture and rare pieces of art, not to mention a full retinue of servants. Not surprisingly, the rapacious Huggins is delighted at the prospect of auditing poor Tony within an inch of his life! ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I Dream of Jeannie: My Master, the Rainmaker
    When heavy rain threatens to ruin an outing with Tony (Larry Hagman), Jeannie (Barbara Eden) magically transforms the storm clouds into sunshine. As usual, there is a glitch or two in her magic, and before long it has started to snow. . .in Florida. . .in the middle of July. The plot thickens when Dr. Bellows (Hayden Rorke) becomes convinced that Tony has created a machine that controls the weather--and insists that Tony give another demonstration immediately. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I Dream of Jeannie: My Wild Eyed Master
    Jeannie (Barbara Eden) comes to the rescue when it looks as though Tony (Larry Hagman) will be scrubbed from an orbital flight because of poor eyesight. Using her magic, Jeannie gives Tony the best pair of eyes on earth. Unfortunately, they prove to be too good--and now "X-ray vision" Tony is able to see through solid walls, leading to the usual embarrassing complications. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I Dream of Jeannie: What's New, Poodle Dog?
    To prevent Roger (Bill Daily) from arranging a blind date for Tony (Larry Hagman), Jeannie (Barbara Eden) turns Roger into a French poodle. Alas, before she can reverse the spell, Roger has been whisked off to the dog pound. Tony rushes to the pound and purchases Roger back--only it isn't Roger, but an entirely different dog. Dick Wilson, best known as "Mr. Whipple" in a long-running series of bathroom-tissue commercials, is herein intriguingly cast as a "Mr. Wimple"! ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I Dream of Jeannie: How to Be a Genie in 10 Easy Lessons
    Roger (Bill Daily) suggests that Jeannie (Barbara Eden) brush up on her magical skills by reading "Tales of the Arabian Nights". Unfortunately, this particular volume describes the various fiendish methods by which genies can torture their masters. Jeannie is appalled, but the unwitting Tony (Larry Hagman) insists the she follow the book's instructions to the letter...OUCH!!!! ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I Dream of Jeannie: The Girl Who Never Had a Birthday, Part 1
    In the first episode of a two-part story, Jeannie (Barbara Eden) is profoundly sad because she doesn't know her own birthday (and never mind that she DID know in the first-season episode "GI Jeannie"). This lack of knowledge proves to have a deleterious effect on Jeannie, who begins fading into oblivion right before the eyes of her master Tony (Larry Hagman). In an effort to rescue her before she vanishes completely, Roger (Bill Daily) consults a NASA computer to determine exactly when Jeannie was born--but just as he is to reveal the date, Roger is transferred to a remote Alaskan outpost, where no communication devices are available! ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I Dream of Jeannie: The Birds and the Bees Bit
    Tony (Larry Hagman) learns that Jeannie (Barbara Eden) will lose all her powers if she marries a mortal. Hoping to expedite this matter, Tony immediately proposes to Jeannie, who of course immediately accepts. Our hero's triumph nearly turns to tragedy when, given a glimpse into the future, he learns to his horror that his children will turn out to be genies no matter what the status of their mother! ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I Dream of Jeannie: One of Our Bottles is Missing
    While visiting Tony's house, Mrs. Bellows (Emmaline Henry) is enchanted by a certain antique bottle. Try though he might, Tony (Larry Hagman) cannot dissuade Mrs. Bellows from asking him to lend her the bottle for duplication, which he does--with Jeannie (Barbara Eden) still inside. Has the day finally come that the redoubtable Dr. Bellows (Hayden Rorke) will have proof incarnate that the Nelson ghousehold is a major source of bizarre magical activity? ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I Dream of Jeannie: My Master, the Civilian
    Feeling confined by his military duties, Tony (Larry Hagman) seriously considers an offer to resign from NASA and accept a lucrative job with an aeronautics firm in Ohio. Naturally, neither Jeannie (Barbara Eden) nor Roger (Bill Daily) are keen on Tony making such a crucial move. To convince her Master to remain in Cocoa Beach--and in uniform--Jeannie magically conjures up a vision of what a disaster civilian life would be for Tony. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I Dream of Jeannie: There Goes the Best Genie I Ever Had
    Jeannie (Barbara Eden) dutifully informs Tony (Larry Hagman) that "Hajii Day" is coming soon, wherein all displeased Masters are given the option of divesting themselves of their genies. Terrified that Tony will send Jeannie away for her constant bungling and disobedience, our heroine works overtime to persuade him otherwise--but his mind may already be made up. This episode features clips from the earlier installments "Always on Sunday" and "How to Be a Genie in Ten Easy Lessons." ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I Dream of Jeannie: The Greatest Entertainer in the World
    Sammy Davis Jr. appears as himself in this episode, in which Tony (Larry Hagman) assures Gen. Peterson (Barton MacLane) that he will be able to book Sammy for an upcoming NASA party. Unfortunately, Davis is unable to fulfill his obligation, whereupon Jeannie (Barbara Eden) creates a duplicate Sammy for the occasion. The fun begins when the real Sammy finds himself whisked hither and thither as a byproduct of Jeannie's mixed-up magic! Sammy Davis Jr. performs "That Old Black Magic" and "The Girl from Ipanema." ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I Dream of Jeannie: The Incredible Shrinking Master
    Once again, Jeannie (Barbara Eden) tries to help her master Tony (Larry Hagman), this time by shrinking an outsized missile part so it will function properly. And once again, Jeannie bungles the job, shrinking not only the device but Tony as well! What follows is a hilarious spoof of the sci-fi classic The Incredible Shrinking Man), replete with oversized props and a menacing "giant" pussycat ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I Dream of Jeannie: My Master, the Pirate
    On one of her usual whims, Jeannie (Barbara Eden) transports herself and Tony (Larry Hagman) back to the 17th century, where they end up on the deck of the pirate ship commandeered by the infamous Captain Kidd (Al Wyatt). It just so happens that one of Tony's ancestors, the beauteous Lady Diane Nelson (Elaine Devry), is being held captive on the ship--and if Captain Kidd goes through with his plan to make Lady Diane walk the plank, Tony will cease to exist in the 20th century! Appearing as Capt. Fenwick in this episode is comedian-writer-producer Digby Wolfe), who later helped create the classic 1960s variety series Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I Dream of Jeannie: A Secretary Is Not a Toy
    While working as a secretary for General Peterson (Barton MacLane), Jeannie (Barbara Eden) gets the idea in her pretty little head that her master Tony (Larry Hagman) should be promoted to general as well. With a nod of the head and the blink of an eye, Jeannie sets the wheels in motion that will elevate Tony to the highest rank at NASA. Alas, things go horribly wrong, and before long Tony is in danger of being kicked out of the space program altogether! ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I Dream of Jeannie: My Master, the Swinging Bachelor
    When Dr. Bellows (Hayden Rorke) and his wife Amanda (Emmaline Henry) wangle a dinner invitation at Tony's house, Tony hires an attractive young woman named Kathryn (Bridget Hanley) to help out in the kitchen. Not surprisingly, Jeannie (Barbara Eden) is incensed by the notion that her Master will be in close proximity with another woman. Thus it is that Jeannie whips up a special cake for the dinner party--which, when eaten, causes the eater to revert to childhood! ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I Dream of Jeannie: The Mod Party
    Tony (Larry Hagman) is looking forward to attending the "mod" party arranged by Roger (Bill Daily). Unfortunately, on the same night as the shindig, Dr. Bellows (Hayden Rorke) insists that Tony and Roger attend a party held by Bellows' wife Amanda (Emmaline Henry). To avoid this horrendous fate, our heroes tell Bellows that they're going on a duck-hunting expedition...and it is up to Jeannie (Barbara Eden) to straighten out the mess that results from this subterfuge. This is the final episode of I Dream of Jeannie's second season. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I Dream of Jeannie: Greatest Invention in the World
    Jeannie (Barbara Eden) creates a "miracle" spot remover to clean a stain on Tony's jacket. The result: the jacket proves to be indestructible, leading Gen. Peterson (Barton MacLane) to demand that Tony (Larry Hagman) give another demonstration of the remarkable remover--a demonstration so disastrous that it nearly gets one of the regular characters permanently transferred to Iceland. (PS: Want to know who makes a cameo appearance at the end of this episode? Just say the secret word!) ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I Dream of Jeannie: My Master, the Spy
    Jeannie (Barbara Eden) wants Tony (Larry Hagman) to take her to a Parisian restaurant, but he is slated to remain at NASA headquarters for a top-secret meeting about "Operation Galaxy". Resourcefullly, Jeannie creates two Tonys, one to fulfill his astronaut duties, the other to escort her to the restaurant. The appearance of the "second Tony" in front of two high-ranking French officials leads Dr. Bellows (Hayden Rorke) to conclude that Cocoa Beach has been invaded by enemy spies! ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I Dream of Jeannie: You Can't Arrest Me...I Don't Have a Driver's License
    Stopped by a policeman while driving down a one-way street ("I am only going one way!"), Jeannie (Barbara Eden) is cited for not having a driver's license--and Tony's car is impounded. In order to get his vehicle back, Tony (Larry Hagman) tells the cops that the back seat is full of secret government documents. Hasn't Tony learned by now that a little white lie snowballs into disaster whenever Jeannie is involved? ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I Dream of Jeannie: My Master, Napoleon's Buddy
    Amateur military strategist Tony (Larry Hagman) is certain that, had he been around to give advice to Napoleon, the little corporal would never have been defeated in battle. Too bad that Tony has told all this to Jeannie (Barbara Eden), who immediately whisks her master back to the Napoleonic Era, the better to change the course of history. Unfortunately, Napoleon (Aram Katcher) scoffingly dismisses Tony as a two-bit fortune teller--and before long, Nappy has grown sick and tired of the curious stranger. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

I Dream of Jeannie: There Goes the Bride
    Abraham Sofaer makes his first series appearance as Haji, master of all genies, in this episode, which is also the first one directed by series star Larry Hagman. Tired of merely wishing that Tony (Larry Hagman) would ask her to become his wife, Jeannie (Barbara Eden) casts a "forbidden" spell on her Master, whereupon he instantly drops to his knee and proposes. This enrages the all-powerful Haji, who casts his own spell...resulting in an severely accident-prone Tony and a Jeannie completely stripped of her magical skills. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

18. David*P

David*P Supporting Actor

David

I don't think I noticed any while watching it but then I'm not as well versed in IDOJ as I am in BW LOL

19. David:S

David:S Auditioning

There is a good reason--I had recorded the running time incorrectly. It is 25:13, not 24:13. I always go through the episodes and write down the runtimes, then go back and type them in (usually not bothering to double check because "typos" aren't as common with pen and paper), and somehow my 5 looked like a 4.

Sorry about that!

20. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

Hey, thanks for the info. Now, all we need is the BW S4 post at TSoD [​IMG]