What's new

I don't want to reach 1000 posts! (1 Viewer)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I'm not exactly sure why I feel this way, but I really don't want to reach the big 1 triple 0! I think it might be something to do with subconscious guilt at spending so much time on the Internet, when I feel like I should be out there living life? Don't know, someting like that!

Could a mod please erase a big chunk of my posts or something like that?

And for you smart-asses out there, I'm well aware of the irony that posting this has brought me 1 step closer to where I don't want to be. :p)

Julie K

Screenwriter
When I first read this, all I could hear was Doc Brown's voice solemnly intoning "Erased from existence"...
;)

Kevin P

Screenwriter
How about having the mods delete your account, then you re-register, and start all over again at zero!
Hey, 1000 posts isn't a bad thing. Heck, look at MY post count! You'd think I spent all my time on here (shhh, don't tell my boss) ;)
KJP

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
I was almost at 500 posts at one point. Then, due to some software problem, it went down below 400. If you're lucky, perhaps this will happen to you some day.

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I was almost at 500 posts at one point. Then, due to some software problem, it went down below 400. If you're lucky, perhaps this will happen to you some day.
I suppose one can dream! (said in overly melodramatic voice, followed by a deep sigh) :D

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
There is another forum of which I'm a member that uses the same software as the HTF. The atmosphere there is a bit more loose and crazy than it is here, and a moderator once adjusted a member's post count into the negative hundred thousands.
http://starmen.net/cgi-bin/ubb/ubbmi...serName=Matrix
It was interesting to read the thread entitled, "I'll never reach zero posts. :frowning:"

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
It wasn't a software problem. It was the deletion of a thread. All the posts in that thread were deleted leading to some people losing some of their post counts. When you post in only one thread your count can drop dramatically.
Paul,
At the rate you start new threads I am surprised you have not reached 2000 yet. ;)

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
I'm not to worried about getting too high anytime soon :)
Lets see... I've been a member since 3rd Quart 1999, and I don't even have 200 posts... so figure 4*3= at least 10 more years before I have 1000 posts... :D

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Since I am now resolved to never reaching 1K, this will be my last post here at the Home Theater Forum. It's been a pleasure, and I sincerely hope that you all have nice lives. This is Paul signing out, preparing to click the Submit Reply button for the very last time! :frowning:
If you see that post count (

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2handband