I don't understand

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eddie Wimberly, Jan 10, 2002.

1. Eddie Wimberly

Eddie Wimberly Stunt Coordinator

I don't understand how the wire is supposed to hook up to my speakers. I have purchased acoustic research skeaper wire, 16 gague. I bought a package with 2 15' wires with plugs already on them. I also bought 2 50' packages of 16 gague wire that has clips that can be attached.

I have 4 N24's and 1 N center. I am trying to hook it up to a Kenwood VR-509. I don't understand how the clips on these wires are supposed to plug into my speakers.

I can see how these would fit into the little flip down switches that are present on my recievers surround sound input jacks, but I do not see how they could fit into a binding post, which is all my speakers have on the back of them.

I have cut the ends off of 2 of the wires to make them fit into the speakers. Was this right? How are they supposed to fit into the speaker with the ends cut off? Through the center and out the bottom or through the hole that is created by unscrewing the binding post? Why isn't this explained in the manual or anywhere else I look online?

2. Shawn Shultzaberger

Shawn Shultzaberger Supporting Actor

I unscrew the binding posts until I can see the holes drilled into the sides of the metal. I then stip off enough of the wire and twist it (so that it doesn't fray and touch any other metal) and then insert it into the holes. Then just tighten them down securely.

Or you could insert the wire through the middle of the binding post and out one of the holes.

OR you could purchase some banana plugs, attach them to your wires and just plug them into the binding post. Which is what I am going to do eventually. Makes removing them much much easier.