What's new

I don't like the way the Looney Tunes sets are sold. (1 Viewer)

Tom_mkfty

Stunt Coordinator
I would rather see a variety of cartoon characters on one disc instead of just the same character through out.

I don't want to see, ALL Bugs Bunny or ALL Beep Beep on one disc.

When the Bug Bunny Show was on TV, there might be a Bugs Bunny, followed by Beep Beep, followed by, Porky Pig.

I wish the collections were presented that way.

Right now, all I want is Volume 2, because I like the Cheese Chasers, cartoon.

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
Discs 2 and 4 of the new collection are more in that style -- a mix of characters rather than focusing on just one.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That would be Tweety Bird. Foil of Sylvester the Cat.

Looney Tunes: Volume 3 includes:

"The Last Hungry Cat" (Tweety, Sylvester; 1961)
"Claws for Alarm (Porky Pig, Sylvester; 1954)
"A Gruesome Twosome" (Tweety; 1945)
"Birds Anonymous" (Tweety, Sylvester; 1957)

Volume 2 (which includes your favorite "Cheese Chasers" also includes:

# 2 (Road Runner/Tweety) - Beep Beep; Going Going Gosh; Zipping Along Stop Look and Hasten; Ready Set Zoom; Guided Muscle; Gee Whiz-z-z-z; There They Go-Go-Go; Scarambled Aches; Zoom and Bored; Whoa Be Gone; Cheese Chasers; The Dover Boys; Mouse Wreckers; Bear for Punishment
# 3 (Road Runner/Tweety) - Bad Ol' Putty Tat; All Abir-r-r-d; Room and Bird; Tweet Tweet Tweety; Gift Wrapped; Ain't She Tweet; A Bird in a Guilty Cage; Snow Business; Tweety Pie; Kitty Kornered; Baby Bottleneck; Old Glory; The Great Piggy Bank Robbery; Duck Soup to Nuts; Porky in Wackyland (B/W)

All this information is from amazon.com. You might check there for more content on each of the individual Looney Tunes sets. Enjoy the toons!

Paul Pro

Stunt Coordinator
Use a disc changer. (thats what I do)

What I usually do is that I watch the first page of each DVD (via the disc changer) Then I do the same with the second page and so on....

You can even be truly random by mixing other discs from previous volumes...

Tom_mkfty

Stunt Coordinator
There are at least two where a bulldog befriends a little kitten.

I don't know the titles. There are no regular characters.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
There's enough Bugs Bunny to allow every volume to have an entire disc of his cartoons.

Personally, I think the sets are already mixed. The first volume was a little sparse on one-shots. This and Volume Two were excellent mixes.

At least half of each set has been made up of either most popular or important cartoons.

A few issues, though:

- To Beep or Not to Beep was a bad choice for a Roadrunner cartoon on this set. V2 has The Adventures of the Roadrunner, which uses most of the cartoon!

- Only one each for Pepe Le Pew and Speedy Gonzales. I would have omitted Pigs is Pigs and Daffy Duck and the Dinosaur and replace them with one more of each.

- There's a WWII cartoons featurette, yet only Draftee Daffy is the only true themed cartoon. Preferably, they should have added a few more like Russian Rhapsody, Daffy The Commando, and Herr Meets Hare. Maybe they intend the featurettes to be just part of the whole run, sort of like how the supplement discs on the extended LOTR sets worked.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke

I'm actually glad they included "Daffy & The Dinosaur". I don't have this set yet, but I used to own videotapes as a kid, many of which featured that cartoon, so it would be nice to see it again, now that I'm 20 years older. Not to mention I'd like to see how the restoration looks on it. But hey, different strokes for different folks. :)

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Considering the overwhelming task of remastering and releasing these cartoons, I think they're doing a pretty good job. Having discs devoted to certain characters is the way to go, I think. If you don't like a character then skip their disc. The most popular characters are the ones who are going to sell these boxes and so they're going to be featured the most prominently. Why would anyone be surprised that Bugs gets his own disc in every set ? Of course he does, he's the "star". Plus there are a huge number of cartoons in which he stars. Enough for him to have his own disc in a dozen or more future box sets.

Everyone is going to complain that their favorite short isn't included. But there are over 1,000 of these to sort through, folks. So let's have some patience, Prudence. Some gratitude would be nice, too. We are getting these cartoons in better condition than most of us have ever seen them. Yes, certain characters are oddly not being featured as heavily. Porky Pig stars in more of these cartoons than any other character yet so far he's only shared a disc with Daffy. I'm looking forward to another disc of just him in a future set. Not to mention my beloved Foghorn Leghorn on his own disc as well.

Perhaps the studio needs to allow the fans to vote on which cartoons they want next. Or which characters they think deserve their own disc.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Is there really over a 1,000 WB cartoons? Are you counting the ones made for television?

Any good index sites out there on the web?

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member

One of these would be the magnificent FEED THE KITTY which is available on the Chuck Jones DVD "Extremes and In-Betweens".

The sequels are KISS ME CAT, FELINE FRAME-UP, and CAT FEUD. I don't know if any of the others are on DVD yet.

JimWICKS

Grip
Use a disc changer. (thats what I do)

What I usually do is that I watch the first page of each DVD (via the disc changer) Then I do the same with the second page and so on....

You can even be truly random by mixing other discs from previous volumes... QUOTE]
Looney Tunes Volume 2 does not appear to support shuffle mode. This is sad because that's one of my favourite ways of playing short subject collections

Tom_mkfty

Stunt Coordinator
Marc Antony (the dog) and Pussyfoot (kitten) are the names.

I like how those cartoons start.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
There are so many ways they could organize these collections -- by year, perhaps one disc for 1931, one for 1941, and one for 1951; by director; by character; by theme -- any one of which would disappoint someone. What WB actually seems to be doing is mixing the last two methods.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks