What's new

I don't care what anyone says..so don't stop me.. (1 Viewer)

John Wes

Stunt Coordinator
I'm getting the Animals Retrospective SACD no matter what!

Anything good out there to go with it? SACDs? DVD-As?

Looking forward to getting this one. The double set I got out of GB with the no noise thing..well I don't mind it that much but looking forward to what I hope is a less compressed sound.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
I have listened to most of the cuts once. It sounds good to me, very clean. Many of course are in mono. I don't have any other media by them to compare it too. The only other CD I have is Eric Burden with a different band and none are the original songs.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I'm still waiting for my copy from Tower.com. The hold up is a Troggs collection on the same order that says "Low Stock."

gregD

Second Unit
Got it... like it.

Very clean and articulate, along the lines of the Rolling Stones reissues... apparently remastered by much of that same team.

But don't kid yourself... those weren't great recordings to begin with... although House of the Rising Sun sounds particularly punchy.

I got it for the content... simply great classic 60s material... sung by a guy with serious pipes... the real treat was the US version of We've Gotta Get Out of This Place, which I hadn't heard since back in the day... I wish the long version of Spill the Wine was included, but this is a worthy disc in any event.

John Wes

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah most of them early Micky Most productions were all mono. Not that I mind.

The Animals version of Boom Boom rocks the house. I doubt it's included but then for most people, the earlier R&B of the Animals is not what they are noted for. Too bad. They were killer...

gregD

Second Unit

Mono is fine... the original recordings just weren't state of the art, is all... either way, these have never sounded better.

Boom Boom is most definitely included... the retrospective is nicely balanced with early R&B, mid-60s pop-rock, and later psychedelia... Spill the Wine is a nice bonus.

Track list: http://www.sa-cd.net/showtitle/2260

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks