I didn't think I would ever see this happen......

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Romier S, Nov 30, 2001.

1. Romier S

Romier S Producer

This news story was posted a bit ago on Gamespot:
    http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories...829073,00.html
    After years of publishing games together it is really strange to see this relationship dissolve. Bioware is in IMHO the best RPG makers around and I hope to god up above this does not put NeverWinter Nights in jeapordy.

2. Joe_C

Joe_C Supporting Actor

I seriously doubt Neverminter Nights will be in jeopardy, no matter what happens. With the success of Baldur's Gate, BioWare shouldn't have to wait to long if they're looking for a new publisher. Someone else will quickly jump on it.

But it is rather surprising that they canceled Interplay's contract. Does anyone know why?

3. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Bioware and another publishing company called Phalanx (I think) sued interplay for not paying them royalties that were stipulated in the contracts. Last I checked on the story things were going to be settled amiccably but I guess everything just fell through.

4. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

My money is on Activision picking it up.

5. Kenneth

Kenneth Supporting Actor

If we are really lucky then Infogrames would pick them up, since they now hold the D&D license. If that is the case we might be able to get even more D&D games from Bioware. I do agree that Bioware shouldn't have too much trouble finding a new publisher since they have both Neverwinter and their Star Wars RPG in their portfolio. I put my money on EA, Activision, or Infogrames picking up their contract.

Kenneth